Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

I am with RTS, it is the extremism (of any flavor) that is intolerable to me as well.

 

However, I am also concerned why moderate Muslims do not take a more active role in policing their own, if they truly do not support the extremism...many certainly have the resources.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I am with RTS, it is the extremism (of any flavor) that is intolerable to me as well.

 

However, I am also concerned why moderate Muslims do not take a more active role in policing their own, if they truly do not support the extremism...many certainly have the resources.

 

Maybe they are scared of them also. Just thinking out loud. I wish they were more vocal speaking out also.

Maybe they are scared of them also. Just thinking out loud. I wish they were more vocal speaking out also.
This is my thought as well and I can understand their fear. I too would like to see them be more vocal against the extremism, but I get why they may be afraid.

There are plenty of Muslim groups that have denounced Muslim extremism. A google search is all that's needed to find them.

 

I agree with PP92. It s troubling to see the less than Christian comments about Muslims in general.

True story, was talking to a guy quite a while back (at work when I was working) and he was railing on Muslims as a whole. Not just the terrorist but on all of them pretty much. Later on we were discussing some medical problems he had. He in the last few years had heart and back issues and needed surgical procedures on both and he talked about how great both of the doctors were. One is a nationally renowned in Neurosurgery (he has also operated on my wife) and the other is a well regarded Cardiologist...his mouth actually dropped open when I told him they were both members of the local Mosque. He was just as shocked to learn that we had a Mosque in Somerset.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

I cringe when the majority of people talk.

 

About anything.

 

I am open to listening to and discussing different points of view as anybody, but I agree that when some people open their mouths, they spew ignorance on very basic things.

Maybe they are scared of them also. Just thinking out loud. I wish they were more vocal speaking out also.

 

This is where I am at PP92. I wish the "good" Muslims would do more to condemn the extremists but understand why they would be afraid as well. I have talked to friends about the whole "Muslim extremist" thing and I would not characterize my or my friends attitude as hatred at all, more like frustration. How can you not be frustrated when you see a sect of a religion doing the things they do every day. I would also add it is more than ISIS too. VERY MANY Muslim countries treat their women horribly. It simply amazes me that women and liberals (many of whom actually say Republicans have a war on women in this country) do not make a bigger issue of this fact.

5:51 O you who believe, take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends of each other. And whoever amongst you takes them for friends he is indeed one of them. Surely Allah guides not the unjust people.

 

9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. These are the words of their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before. Allah’s curse be on them! How they are turned away!

 

7:182 And those who reject Our messages — We lead them (to destruction) step by step from whence they know not.

 

17:16 And when We wish to destroy a town, We send commandments to its people who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction.

 

2:191 And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from where they drove you out, and persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it; so if they fight you (in it), slay them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

80:42 Those are the disbelievers, the wicked.

 

76:4 Surely We have prepared for the disbelievers chains and shackles and a burning Fire.

 

 

33:48 And obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and disregard their annoying talk, and rely on Allah. And Allah is enough as having charge (of affairs).

 

25:52 So obey not the disbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.

I believe the jihadists correctly interpret the Quran. Islam is both Religion and Government meant for a population that is homogeneously Islam. Non Islam authority is to be rejected. The alternative to conversion to Islam is death. These beliefs and teachings are in direct conflict for living in a free heterogenous society.

Hating people for being practicing Muslims serves no purpose and solves nothing.

 

People should recognize that Islam, in its basic form, is usually at odds with non-secular government structure - such as our Constitutional Republic. This should never be lost, though it should not drive a feeling of hate against the individuals who are practicing Muslims.

 

Islam has been used and mis-used by leaders and clerics throughout history to conquer regions of the world. It is still used/mis-used today in similar efforts. The concept of Jihad has not changed much whether it was warriors on horseback and swords or suicide bombers with vests. Those who would practice Islam in a manner similar to other religions in a peaceful manner in the modern world (lets not go back into history on this) seem to have far less of a voice than the radicals who still champion a modern Jihad.

 

So one should not hate one for simply being Muslim. But one should understand that the religion has been misused throughout history and is still being misused today for extreme purposes that can not or should not be ignored or swept under the rug.

I don't really get "hating" people since we ALL came from the same place, regardless of race, sex, religion, etc.

 

It also makes no sense to me to "hate" Muslims, because I don't think we (at least I) really know what Islam teaches.

 

Hear me out. I have been told by non-Catholics what I (a Catholic) believe and practice, and some people have no idea what they are talking about (saying that the Catholic Church hates gays, Catholics don't believe in evolution, Catholics were represented by the KKK and Nazi's, etc.). Since all of my examples are not true about the Catholic faith, I don't think it makes sense for a non-Muslim to say what Muslims believe then "hate" Muslims because of it. Every teaching I've heard about Muslims or Facebook post about how "Jihad this, Jihad that" was told/posted by a Christian.

 

So I guess until I meet a practicing, faithful Muslim I have no reason to make judgement on their beliefs.

So in a word - yes.

So in a word - yes.

 

New Testament and the Reformation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.