Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

For anyone who wants to know the truth about Obama's faith, read this article:

 

Obama on faith: The exclusive interview

 

I don't know of any other politician who has spoken so clearly and openly about his/her faith. This interview was during his campaign for US Senator in 2004.

 

For those who don't want to read the link, Obama considers himself a Christian. I am sure some Christians might not like his thoughts on how he lives his Christian life. He was exposed to many faiths growing up but his mother and grandparents were Christians. His faith was confirmed and he was baptized after college when he took a job for $13,000 a year working in Chicago for a group of black churches on community activities.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more worried that he's left handed. I never trusted left handed people. My mother in law is left handed.

For anyone who wants to know the truth about Obama's faith, read this article:

 

Obama on faith: The exclusive interview

 

I don't know of any other politician who has spoken so clearly and openly about his/her faith. This interview was during his campaign for US Senator in 2004.

 

For those who don't want to read the link, Obama considers himself a Christian. I am sure some Christians might not like his thoughts on how he lives his Christian life. He was exposed to many faiths growing up but his mother and grandparents were Christians. His faith was confirmed and he was baptized after college when he took a job for $13,000 a year working in Chicago for a group of black churches on community activities.

 

Based on Islamic law he is considered Muslim. His namesake father was Muslim as was his Indonesian step-father. In the eyes of Islam he technically is Muslim regardless of his or the medias portrayal.

 

Various leaders in the middle east have referred to him as Muslim due to this.

  • Author
Based on Islamic law he is considered Muslim. His namesake father was Muslim as was his Indonesian step-father. In the eyes of Islam he technically is Muslim regardless of his or the medias portrayal.

 

Various leaders in the middle east have referred to him as Muslim due to this.

 

Doesn't matter to me but.....what he considers himself after being baptized doesn't count?

The politically correct tone of this thread is sweet and all, but unrealistic.

 

As long as we keep reading about or seeing Muslims raping women,killing children, and beheading people, there aren't going to be conversations starting with...

 

"Man those Muslims really got it figured out. What a nice group of folks."

 

I have a couple Muslim friends at work and they're horrified at what's being done in the name of their religion. The preferred way this gets resolved is if non-radical Muslims rise up against the nut jobs.

 

But it likely won't happen. We must fight unfortunately. There is no surrender coming from the crazies. They cannot be bargained with or appeased. The only way this war ends is, unfortunately, is with their complete annihilation.

The politically correct tone of this thread is sweet and all, but unrealistic.

 

As long as we keep reading about or seeing Muslims raping women,killing children, and beheading people, there aren't going to be conversations starting with...

 

"Man those Muslims really got it figured out. What a nice group of folks."

 

I have a couple Muslim friends at work and they're horrified at what's being done in the name of their religion. The preferred way this gets resolved is if non-radical Muslims rise up against the nut jobs.

 

But it likely won't happen. We must fight unfortunately. There is no surrender coming from the crazies. They cannot be bargained with or appeased. The only way this war ends is, unfortunately, is with their complete annihilation.

 

 

It is very heartening to hear this. The whole "in the name of religion" thing has been fraught with murder and mayhem for millennia - and not just by one group.

  • Author
The politically correct tone of this thread is sweet and all, but unrealistic.

 

As long as we keep reading about or seeing Muslims raping women,killing children, and beheading people, there aren't going to be conversations starting with...

 

"Man those Muslims really got it figured out. What a nice group of folks."

 

I have a couple Muslim friends at work and they're horrified at what's being done in the name of their religion. The preferred way this gets resolved is if non-radical Muslims rise up against the nut jobs.

 

But it likely won't happen. We must fight unfortunately. There is no surrender coming from the crazies. They cannot be bargained with or appeased. The only way this war ends is, unfortunately, is with their complete annihilation.

 

I'm not absoliving extremist Muslims from their wrongdoing at all. I'm more or less concerned about the next generation being close-minded, borderline racist and intolerant individuals.

 

I'm not going to denigrate all Muslims for the crimes of some of them. That's what I see more and more of everyday.

The politically correct tone of this thread is sweet and all, but unrealistic.

 

As long as we keep reading about or seeing Muslims raping women,killing children, and beheading people, there aren't going to be conversations starting with...

 

"Man those Muslims really got it figured out. What a nice group of folks."

 

I have a couple Muslim friends at work and they're horrified at what's being done in the name of their religion. The preferred way this gets resolved is if non-radical Muslims rise up against the nut jobs.

 

But it likely won't happen. We must fight unfortunately. There is no surrender coming from the crazies. They cannot be bargained with or appeased. The only way this war ends is, unfortunately, is with their complete annihilation.

While I see what you're getting at I'm sure you wouldn't want your friends to be hated simply because they are Muslim.
Doesn't matter to me but.....what he considers himself after being baptized doesn't count?

 

He was baptized in 1988 by Rev. Wright. Technically, Islam forbids a conversion. As an adult Obama seems to hold no specific religion in high regard. And that is his prerogative.

I have been fighting asking these questions, but I decided to let it fly after reading the quotes from Onceuponatime and others within this thread.

 

Are the jihadists the Muslims who are actually acting properly according to their sacred writings? Are they the default? Then, are the Muslims who are not jihadists and who are peace loving and/or are horrified with the actions of the terrorists such as ISIS the disobedient ones? According to the writings, are they are under the same risk from jihadist Muslims as Jews and Christians? What are the reasons for a peaceful Muslim to stay a Muslim if their sacred writings/beliefs tend toward violence and the destruction of anybody not like themselves?

 

These are legitimate questions. I seek to make sense out of all of this.

I have been fighting asking these questions, but I decided to let it fly after reading the quotes from Onceuponatime and others within this thread.

 

Are the jihadists the Muslims who are actually acting properly according to their sacred writings? Are they the default? Then, are the Muslims who are not jihadists and who are peace loving and/or are horrified with the actions of the terrorists such as ISIS the disobedient ones? According to the writings, are they are under the same risk from jihadist Muslims as Jews and Christians? What are the reasons for a peaceful Muslim to stay a Muslim if their sacred writings/beliefs tend toward violence and the destruction of anybody not like themselves?

 

These are legitimate questions. I seek to make sense out of all of this.

 

This is also my question. Why then would they openly protest the violence?

  • Author
I have been fighting asking these questions, but I decided to let it fly after reading the quotes from Onceuponatime and others within this thread.

 

Are the jihadists the Muslims who are actually acting properly according to their sacred writings? Are they the default? Then, are the Muslims who are not jihadists and who are peace loving and/or are horrified with the actions of the terrorists such as ISIS the disobedient ones? According to the writings, are they are under the same risk from jihadist Muslims as Jews and Christians? What are the reasons for a peaceful Muslim to stay a Muslim if their sacred writings/beliefs tend toward violence and the destruction of anybody not like themselves?

 

These are legitimate questions. I seek to make sense out of all of this.

 

I think we would need a practicing Muslim or someone with extensive knowledge of the Muslim faith to answer those questions. Those are all great questions that I would like to know answers to as well.

I think we would need a practicing Muslim or someone with extensive knowledge of the Muslim faith to answer those questions. Those are all great questions that I would like to know answers to as well.

 

So - you got the Prez on speed-dial?

  • Author
So - you got the Prez on speed-dial?

 

Not yet. He needs me on speed dial or at least texting buddies. We could do some special things together. :D

I'm more worried that he's left handed. I never trusted left handed people. My mother in law is left handed.

The Latin word for left-handed is sinister.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.