February 17, 201511 yr Do you know the religions of the other presidents? Before Obama even took office we was called a Muslim by some. It has nothing to do with his choice to keep religious affiliation out of press conferences. The Muslims are fighting a religious war.. So yes, religious affiliation should be included in any press conference..
February 17, 201511 yr The Muslims are fighting a religious war.. So yes, religious affiliation should be included in any press conference.. I'm sure you meant "some Muslims" rather than "the Muslims." The Muslims I know are fighting no war of any kind.
February 17, 201511 yr Pretty good read. The Wake-Up Call that is ISIS: Who in the Church is Answering? | A Holy Experience
February 17, 201511 yr I'm sure you meant "some Muslims" rather than "the Muslims." The Muslims I know are fighting no war of any kind. While all Muslims are not terrorists, the terrorist we are talking about are Muslim. One must acknowledge that fact, including our President.
February 17, 201511 yr While all Muslims are not terrorists, the terrorist we are talking about are Muslim. One must acknowledge that fact, including our President. Will acknowledging that make us deal with the situation differently?
February 17, 201511 yr Will acknowledging that make us deal with the situation differently? All it'll do is make the American public, which I'm convinced is largely ignorant, view all Muslims as terrorists. Heck, most feel that way already.
February 17, 201511 yr Do you know the religions of the other presidents? Before Obama even took office we was called a Muslim by some. It has nothing to do with his choice to keep religious affiliation out of press conferences. So faith was nothing worthy of mentioning in the white house press conference ? Nice take ! You do know they were murdered for their RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION right ? SMH .
February 17, 201511 yr All it'll do is make the American public, which I'm convinced is largely ignorant, view all Muslims as terrorists. Heck, most feel that way already. We cant just wish this isnt a religious war . It is . I have ZERO problem using the term Muslim Extremist or some other identifier to separate Muslims from Extremist Muslims . But our govt doesnt seem to want to admit any link between the two . And that doesnt serve the truth very well.
February 17, 201511 yr All it'll do is make the American public, which I'm convinced is largely ignorant, view all Muslims as terrorists. Heck, most feel that way already. To understand a problem you must first identify the problem. To ignore any aspect of the problem will not lead to a solution.
February 17, 201511 yr I wonder what everyone here thinks the problem is? Why is ISIS doing the things its doing? What does ISIS hope to gain?
February 17, 201511 yr Agree that the Muslims that we encounter in the United States are not terrorists and are peaceful. But I'm not gonna lie, I feel uneasy knowing that they know that their religion dictates that those who do not believe as they do must be eliminated. Not saying that I feel threatened by the Muslims that I see strolling the mall or at Kroger. But will say that when I look them in the eye, I wonder if they think I should not be here. They probably feel the same way about me, knowing that the there is a general distrust of them overall.
February 17, 201511 yr Part of the story is that they strongly wish to bring their brand of religion here , to the US and our malls, krogers etc etc .
February 17, 201511 yr Part of the story is that they strongly wish to bring their brand of religion here , to the US and our malls, krogers etc etc . So people who practice Islam shouldn't be allowed in the US? Is that what you're saying?
February 17, 201511 yr Man , I dont see how you deducted that , but no . Thats not what I said or inferred . Am I for strong borders and watching potential terrorists closely ? Sure .
February 17, 201511 yr So faith was nothing worthy of mentioning in the white house press conference ? Nice take ! You do know they were murdered for their RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION right ? SMH . Nice condescending tone. I don't believe that acknowledging the other side's extremist religious agenda serves to do anything but continue to inflame mistrust and hatred that is already too abundant against US Muslim citizens who have nothing to do with those in other countries doing horrible things.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.