Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

  • Author
PP92 you need to get a firmer grasp on the Bible and sin . Heres a news flash , all people are sinners , all people are going to continue to sin whether Christian or not . You cant separate your self from Christ because you dont like how some OR all of His followers behave. And acknowledge we have a terribly powerful enemy in Satan who even led a 1/3 of the Angel's away from heaven . He's as real as the Jesus on the bracelet . peace friend.

 

I'm not separating myself from Christ. I'm separating myself from a specific religious affiliation. I don't see myself not being accepted into Heaven because of my religious affiliation. If I'm wrong then I guess I'll find out when I die.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Not gonna lie PP92 ol Cap got you on that one.

 

But to be fair I'm a Catholic and on matters of faith I know I'm a hypocrite at times in my life . I think any and everyone of faith is a hypocrite at some point in their lives. The severity of hypocrisy is what may be different.

 

PP92 I guess after reading this read all day I'm still wondering what is the answer wr are looking for ? Some people are idiots ? I agree. It doesn't mean muslim community doesn't deserve criticism . There are just proper ways to go about it.

 

How can anyone get me when all I am doing is speaking what I feel? Give ol' cap a point though. Doesn't matter. Won't change my thoughts on anything. :D

 

 

I was just simply wondering if others were bothered by things I see and hear from Christians when it comes to discussing Muslims. It appears that most people are bothered by it and that is refreshing to see.

All Christians. I know very few people who I feel follow the Word the way it is intended to be followed. Including myself but I find myself living a life and developing a relationship with God without any religious affiliation whatsoever because my experiences with religions, churches and Christians has been way more negative than positive.

 

For me it's as simple as the What Would Jesus Do bracelets that used to be so popular. I know very few people who live a "What Would Jesus Do" existence. If we all lived in that manner we wouldn't have any issues with anything in this world, would we?

 

Then you must cringe about yourself. You are no better than those you complain about.

I'm not separating myself from Christ. I'm separating myself from a specific religious affiliation. I don't see myself not being accepted into Heaven because of my religious affiliation. If I'm wrong then I guess I'll find out when I die.

 

Amen. While I'm a practicing Catholic, to me it's much simpler than all the religious affiliation stuff. I try to treat others with compassion, love, and respect. If that's not good enough come judgment day, well, I gave it a hell of shot.

I was just simply wondering if others were bothered by things I see and hear from Christians when it comes to discussing Muslims. It appears that most people are bothered by it and that is refreshing to see.

 

I'm bothered by most things. My alarm clock , girl friend nagging , lack of bourbon right now in my place. So why would this be any different.

  • Author
Then you must cringe about yourself. You are no better than those you complain about.

 

I do sometimes. I'm far from perfect and I never claim to be better than anyone. I know my flaws and I am comfortable in my own skin.

  • Author
Amen. While I'm a practicing Catholic, to me it's much simpler than all the religious affiliation stuff. I try to treat others with compassion, love, and respect. If that's not good enough come judgment day, well, I gave it a hell of shot.

 

Exactly. :thumb:

You are entitled to your opinion. :thumb:

 

Christians run this country, right?

Then you're not being any better than the people you're railing on. That's not an opinion, that's just what it is.

 

I thought politicians run this country.

  • Author
Then you're not being any better than the people you're railing on. That's not an opinion, that's just what it is.

 

I thought politicians run this country.

 

Again, I'm not claiming to be better than anyone. Just speaking and asking about something that bothers me. You've already stated it bothers you too.

I do sometimes. I'm far from perfect and I never claim to be better than anyone. I know my flaws and I am comfortable in my own skin.

 

I wasn't trying to be hateful. I just don't understand complaining about something and then turning around and doing the same thing.

 

I'm about the most imperfect person I know. I always try to be compassionate, honest and polite. Sometimes, I fail miserably. I have been told I am direct. Just don't believe in beating around the bush.

 

Speaking of Bush, it's all his fault anyway, right? :lol2:

  • Author
I wasn't trying to be hateful. I just don't understand complaining about something and then turning around and doing the same thing.

 

I'm about the most imperfect person I know. I always try to be compassionate, honest and polite. Sometimes, I fail miserably. I have been told I am direct. Just don't believe in beating around the bush.

 

Speaking of Bush, it's all his fault anyway, right? :lol2:

 

I'm always going to keep it real. I'm a contradictory hypocrite who has moments of reflection sometimes and then has disgust when truly looking at our country, churches, etc. Then I just talk. It is what it is.

 

It's always Bush's fault. Wait until his lil bro takes over and it will be all his fault too. :lol2:

I'm always going to keep it real. I'm a contradictory hypocrite who has moments of reflection sometimes and then has disgust when truly looking at our country, churches, etc. Then I just talk. It is what it is.

 

It's always Bush's fault. Wait until his lil bro takes over and it will be all his fault too. :lol2:

 

When keeping it real goes wrong :)

All Christians. I know very few people who I feel follow the Word the way it is intended to be followed. Including myself but I find myself living a life and developing a relationship with God without any religious affiliation whatsoever because my experiences with religions, churches and Christians has been way more negative than positive.

 

For me it's as simple as the What Would Jesus Do bracelets that used to be so popular. I know very few people who live a "What Would Jesus Do" existence. If we all lived in that manner we wouldn't have any issues with anything in this world, would we?

 

I believe the term for picking and choosing what part of 'the Word' is followed is called 'Cafeteria Catholics' or more in more general terms 'Cafeteria Christians'. But in modern western-type cultures just about all are 'Cafeteria xxxxxxx'. I know people I have worked with were Muslim in faith - yet I have never seen a prayer rug pulled out every four hours for Call to Prayer. I worked a fairly devote Christian who said a silent prayer before meals - yet he supported and embraced our known gay co-workers without judgement. He certainly was no 'Westboro Christian'.

 

In the modern western world most religious practice is personal and family oriented.

 

That does contrast with the 'Radical Muslims' and the clerics or political leader who use Islam to excite those who are extremely faithful to the religion.

  • Author
When keeping it real goes wrong :)

 

I'll never change. I can only be me. :D

Then you're not being any better than the people you're railing on. That's not an opinion, that's just what it is.

 

I thought politicians run this country.

 

I don't believe that for a second.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.