Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

I believe the term for picking and choosing what part of 'the Word' is followed is called 'Cafeteria Catholics' or more in more general terms 'Cafeteria Christians'. But in modern western-type cultures just about all are 'Cafeteria xxxxxxx'. I know people I have worked with were Muslim in faith - yet I have never seen a prayer rug pulled out every four hours for Call to Prayer. I worked a fairly devote Christian who said a silent prayer before meals - yet he supported and embraced our known gay co-workers without judgement. He certainly was no 'Westboro Christian'.

 

In the modern western world most religious practice is personal and family oriented.

 

That does contrast with the 'Radical Muslims' and the clerics or political leader who use Islam to excite those who are extremely faithful to the religion.

 

I have. Roommate my junior year at Morehead was a devout Muslim from Iran.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have. Roommate my junior year at Morehead was a devout Muslim from Iran.

 

And nothing wrong with that. Did he pray every four hours - even overnight? Going by the book in Islam means never getting a full night sleep.

And nothing wrong with that. Did he pray every four hours - even overnight? Going by the book in Islam means never getting a full night sleep.

 

Best I can remember, 5 times a day.When he first got up/sunrise, mid-day, mid-afternoon. around suppertime, and late at night.

I have known some cafeteria Hindus and cafeteria Jewish faith folks - almost literally. Steak and cheeseburgers can be hard to resist.

I'm not separating myself from Christ. I'm separating myself from a specific religious affiliation. I don't see myself not being accepted into Heaven because of my religious affiliation. If I'm wrong then I guess I'll find out when I die.

What religious affiliation are you separsting your self from ?

  • Author
What religious affiliation are you separsting your self from ?

 

All of them.

You can't claim Christ and deny Christianity .

Would make it really difficult for you to experience the kingdom of God if you don't trust your Christian bothers and sisters ( even with their faults )

  • Author
You can't claim Christ and deny Christianity .

 

I guess I'll find out when I die if that is true or not.

  • Author
Would make it really difficult for you to experience the kingdom of God if you don't trust your Christian bothers and sisters ( even with their faults )

 

If the Kingdom of God is similar to life on earth then I guess it won't matter if I am allowed in or not. I always assumed Heaven was way better than what we experience here.

Again, I'm not claiming to be better than anyone. Just speaking and asking about something that bothers me. You've already stated it bothers you too.
I understand that, but the problem is you aren't going to make a difference or reach anyone if you do the same as the people that bother you. Hate is hate. Disdain is disdain.

 

There are good Muslims. There are bad Muslims.

There are good Christians. There are bad Christians.

 

I don't get cringing about one faith being viewed wrongly and not the other. Makes zero sense.

  • Author
I understand that, but the problem is you aren't going to make a difference or reach anyone if you do the same as the people that bother you. Hate is hate. Disdain is disdain.

 

There are good Muslims. There are bad Muslims.

There are good Christians. There are bad Christians.

 

I don't get cringing about one faith being viewed wrongly and not the other. Makes zero sense.

 

I gave up trying to make a difference some time last year. Too fatigued mentally. I just think out loud and sort it out later now.

 

I cringe when I see black people saying hateful and inciteful things about white people. I guess it is along those lines since I can claim being identified as a Christian as long as I have been black.

Prayed for you last night PP . Hope you get this figured out . The kingdom of God has dual meanings in the Bible . The heavenly kingdom and the earthly kingdom . Heaven will be perfect , but the earthly kingdom refers to those times Christians do things thst are actually christ like and against our sinful nature . Always remember there are only two types of people to walk earth . Jesus Christ , and everyone else . The rest of are born broken and it ain't gonna change ( til we are marvelously redeemed ) . I understand there are tons of hypocritical appearing Christians -- I'm one of them . I don't like it and don't wish to be but facts are hard things to get around .

  • Author
Prayed for you last night PP . Hope you get this figured out . The kingdom of God has dual meanings in the Bible . The heavenly kingdom and the earthly kingdom . Heaven will be perfect , but the earthly kingdom refers to those times Christians do things thst are actually christ like and against our sinful nature . Always remember there are only two types of people to walk earth . Jesus Christ , and everyone else . The rest of are born broken and it ain't gonna change ( til we are marvelously redeemed ) . I understand there are tons of hypocritical appearing Christians -- I'm one of them . I don't like it and don't wish to be but facts are hard things to get around .

 

 

I appreciate the prayers. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.