Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

You see or hear someone saying something derogatory about Muslims?

 

I ask because I see more and more God-fearing Christians openly proclaiming their hate for Muslims and more specifically the most famous Muslim, President Obama.

 

I get that he is one of the worst Presidents ever but when I see people I know that claim to be Christians openly hating him because he is a Muslim makes me cringe. Isn't this kind of speech hateful and inciteful? Sadly it seems to be acceptable also as a Muslim hating Facebook status will get you 40+ likes within an hour.

 

Isn't this a dangerous thought process that should be nipped in the bud or am I overreacting?

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No hatred toward Obama. Was not aware that he is Muslim?

 

Very fearful of all the terrorists and extremist Muslims committing terrorist attacks and murders justified by their faith. Will say that it makes it a challenge to be open and accepting to any and all Muslims I encounter. I would never outwardly mistreat or be unkind to any Muslim I see. But to be honest, I'm not motivated to go out of my way to meet them and befriend them.

 

If that's bad, and hurtful, then I aplogize. But I'm only human.

You see or hear someone saying something derogatory about Muslims?

 

I ask because I see more and more God-fearing Christians openly proclaiming their hate for Muslims and more specifically the most famous Muslim, President Obama.

 

I get that he is one of the worst Presidents ever but when I see people I know that claim to be Christians openly hating him because he is a Muslim makes me cringe. Isn't this kind of speech hateful and inciteful? Sadly it seems to be acceptable also as a Muslim hating Facebook status will get you 40+ likes within an hour.

 

Isn't this a dangerous thought process that should be nipped in the bud or am I overreacting?

 

I don't like when people play the Muslim card about the President. I think he is the worst POTUS in my lifetime but he deserves the respect of the office.

 

As far as the anti-Muslim sentiment wave in America today, while I don't agree with it 100%, I can understand it. With what IS is doing, seemingly unchecked, Boko Haram, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. it is understandable. While all Muslims aren't terrorists, all of these terrorists are Muslim. It is just human nature to equate all to some.

 

I think a big problem is you don't hear CARE or other groups come out with a resounding voice condemning all of these groups. While they are a very small group and haven't resorted to beheading's and such, when the Westboro Baptist Church rears it's ugly head, you hear just about all Christians condemning them.

 

Until the world comes together to combat these groups, the sentiment will continue to grow. It's time for the USA to step up and say enough is enough. Women and children are dying.

I cringe when the majority of people talk.

 

About anything.

  • Author
No hatred toward Obama. Was not aware that he is Muslim?

 

Very fearful of all the terrorists and extremist Muslims committing terrorist attacks and murders justified by their faith. Will say that it makes it a challenge to be open and accepting to any and all Muslims I encounter. I would never outwardly mistreat or be unkind to any Muslim I see. But to be honest, I'm not motivated to go out of my way to meet them and befriend them.

 

If that's bad, and hurtful, then I aplogize. But I'm only human.

 

He's not a Muslim. That was sarcasm from me(imagine that :D)but many many many people are convinced he is a Muslim and are disgusted that a Muslim would be allowed in the White House. Truthfully there shouldn't be anything wrong with a Muslim in the White House.

 

I don't like the extremist Muslims anymore than any American but I think it is dangerous to lump them all together. True Muslims aren't violent people just like true Christians are supposed to be loving and accepting people. I'm only human myself and I don't get to church that often but when I do go I am reminded of how 90% of everyone I know is a hypocrite. And I'm cool with that also. It is what it is.

 

IMO to hate all Muslims because of 9/11 is no different than blacks hating all of the police because of Ferguson or whites hating all blacks because of the LA riots.

I have no problem with Muslims, I have major problems with extremist Muslims or any extremist for that matter.

As to the president, he claims to be Christian so unless he says or does something that tells me otherwise, I have no reason to think otherwise.

  • Author
I don't like when people play the Muslim card about the President. I think he is the worst POTUS in my lifetime but he deserves the respect of the office.

 

As far as the anti-Muslim sentiment wave in America today, while I don't agree with it 100%, I can understand it. With what IS is doing, seemingly unchecked, Boko Haram, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. it is understandable. While all Muslims aren't terrorists, all of these terrorists are Muslim. It is just human nature to equate all to some.

 

I think a big problem is you don't hear CARE or other groups come out with a resounding voice condemning all of these groups. While they are a very small group and haven't resorted to beheading's and such, when the Westboro Baptist Church rears it's ugly head, you hear just about all Christians condemning them.

 

Until the world comes together to combat these groups, the sentiment will continue to grow. It's time for the USA to step up and say enough is enough. Women and children are dying.

 

Good point about CARE and other groups not speaking out condemning those groups. That would go a long way towards healing some hard feelings. I do think we hear more about Westboro being condemned because we are here in the US to see and hear their actions and words.

 

It's past time for the world to come together to combat these groups. It's shameful it's gotten this bad.

  • Author
I have no problem with Muslims, I have major problems with extremist Muslims or any extremist for that matter.

As to the president, he claims to be Christian so unless he says or does something that tells me otherwise, I have no reason to think otherwise.

 

Do you ever see and hear people talking bad about Muslims? It makes me uneasy.

It is not that different than hatred toward Germans because of Nazi atrocities. It is wrong.

Do you ever see and hear people talking bad about Muslims? It makes me uneasy.
Yes I do. The thing that really makes me uneasy is when I hear them say something negative about their God. They don't realize the Muslim God is the God of Moses, also our God. Even heard it from a relative.
  • Author
Yes I do. The thing that really makes me uneasy is when I hear them say something negative about their God. They don't realize the Muslim God is the God of Moses, also our God. Even heard it from a relative.

 

I feel you there.

Sorry but I don't share your sympathy. The "good" Muslims have kept their collective heads buried in the sand for so long and allowed the "bad" Muslims to rise virtually unchecked. CAIR is already clamoring for hate crime charges against the murderer in Carolina. Why? He already faces the death penalty, to paraphrase Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make? They loudly protest anyone who may present a view contrary to theirs and who suffered in the name of Islam (Ayaan Hirsee Ali) and prevent any real discussion of the perversions of Islam that are happening world wide. It makes me uneasy that there still seems to be a large and vocal group of people that are so concerned about offending Muslims that they go out of their way to deny that Muslim terrorists exist, or they try to draw moral equivalencies to other religions.. As I said in another thread, polls have shown that a majority of Muslims is so-called moderate Muslim countries still believe that death is the proper penalty for Apostasy.

 

Personally, I don't think Obama is a Muslim, but I also don't believe he's Christian. He's Christian now because it's politically expedient for him to be a Christian, now. Who knows how soon he'll "evolve" his beliefs? I don't see Obama's ego allowing him to acknowledge even God is greater then he is.

 

Where was the concern for Catholics when the sexual abuse scandal broke. I clearly remember heated debates here over how the evil Catholic church allowed it to happen.

  • Author
It is not that different than hatred toward Germans because of Nazi atrocities. It is wrong.

 

Excellent point. Very good comparison.

I'm with you 100% PP. Those you're talking about, IMO, are no better than the ones they spew their hate-speak about.

  • Author
Sorry but I don't share your sympathy. The "good" Muslims have kept their collective heads buried in the sand for so long and allowed the "bad" Muslims to rise virtually unchecked. CAIR is already clamoring for hate crime charges against the murderer in Carolina. Why? He already faces the death penalty, to paraphrase Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make? They loudly protest anyone who may present a view contrary to theirs and who suffered in the name of Islam (Ayaan Hirsee Ali) and prevent any real discussion of the perversions of Islam that are happening world wide. It makes me uneasy that there still seems to be a large and vocal group of people that are so concerned about offending Muslims that they go out of their way to deny that Muslim terrorists exist, or they try to draw moral equivalencies to other religions.. As I said in another thread, polls have shown that a majority of Muslims is so-called moderate Muslim countries still believe that death is the proper penalty for Apostasy.

 

Personally, I don't think Obama is a Muslim, but I also don't believe he's Christian. He's Christian now because it's politically expedient for him to be a Christian, now. Who knows how soon he'll "evolve" his beliefs? I don't see Obama's ego allowing him to acknowledge even God is greater then he is.

 

Where was the concern for Catholics when the sexual abuse scandal broke. I clearly remember heated debates here over how the evil Catholic church allowed it to happen.

 

I don't expect anyone to share my sympathy if you want to call it that. My main concern is how open the hatred is nowadays. It doesn't make sense to me for people to be reciting Bible verses and hating Muslims at the same time. I don't get that. That's not what Jesus would do.

 

I grew up in the Catholic Church and I was an altar boy until I got to high school. I handled the sex abuse scandal on a case by case basis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.