Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone else cringe when.....

Featured Replies

I don't like when people play the Muslim card about the President. I think he is the worst POTUS in my lifetime but he deserves the respect of the office.

 

Sorry, this is off subject. But why? Why does someone who you think is the worst in your lifetime deserve respect of the office? Just because of the position someone is in that does not automatically mean you have to respect him because of his position. There have been a lot of leaders who have been horrible in that capacity and does not deserve respect simply because of their position.

 

I am not comparing Obama to any of the following, but using the following as examples of people who should never gain an ounce of respect simply because of their position they were in. Hitler deserves no respect and he was in a similar position as the POTUS. Here are a few others. President Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Kim Jong II of North Korea, Idi Aman Dadi of Uganda, Vladimar Lenin just to name a few.

 

I never understood the feeling of having to respect someone you do not like simply because of their position.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, this is off subject. But why? Why does someone who you think is the worst in your lifetime deserve respect of the office? Just because of the position someone is in that does not automatically mean you have to respect him because of his position. There have been a lot of leaders who have been horrible in that capacity and does not deserve respect simply because of their position.

 

I am not comparing Obama to any of the following, but using the following as examples of people who should never gain an ounce of respect simply because of their position they were in. Hitler deserves no respect and he was in a similar position as the POTUS. Here are a few others. President Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Kim Jong II of North Korea, Idi Aman Dadi of Uganda, Vladimar Lenin just to name a few.

 

I never understood the feeling of having to respect someone you do not like simply because of their position.

 

I respect a lot of people I don't particularly like or agree with.

 

I respect the office of the POTUS. He was duly elected by a majority of the American people. Can't help it that they got it wrong. IMHO. I think he is soft on terrorism, his policies have damaged our economy (see Obamacare), he promised to be the most transparent and inclusive POTUS ever and he is exactly the opposite, he has made some really bad choices for appointments (see Eric Holder), and he aligns himself with racists (see Al Sharpton). All of that drives me nuts but he is MY President and the office alone deserves my respect.

 

Hitler was bent on world domination and genocide. Haven't seen that from Obama.

 

You say you are not comparing Obama to the following, then you use that word but. Like a counselor once told me, when you use the word but, you are in essence, saying forget everything I said before the word but.

Objection.

 

Sustained.

 

Strike that from the record. Jury - ignore.

I'm around a lot of Baptists. They hate most all Muslims....Hell they hate most ALL PEOPLE that aren't Southern Baptists. "God-fearing" hard right Christians are the worst for hating on those who are different from themselves.

I'm around a lot of Baptists. They hate most all Muslims....Hell they hate most ALL PEOPLE that aren't Southern Baptists. "God-fearing" hard right Christians are the worst for hating on those who are different from themselves.
You must live in Topeka..
Objection.

 

Sustained.

 

Strike that from the record. Jury - ignore.

:lol2: Good work.

Objection.

 

Sustained.

 

Strike that from the record. Jury - ignore.

 

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

No we wouldn't. That's just fear-mongering. We need to worry about what's going on in our country, and to our citizens here and abroad, before we interject ourselves into what's happening in other countries and to their citizens. Protect ourselves and make sure things like 9/11 don't happen here again. Commenting on what happened in Egypt is not going to impact one way or another what the extremists do.

 

 

on a related note : ISIS encourages a terrorist act at the Mall of America - Minneapolis County Buzz | Examiner.com

While I do think the Administration tries to avoid the religious angle with any issue (Islamic) terrorism related, I do not understand people's outrage in pointing this out to everyone. If the President has no clue on how to combat the situation, call him out for that, not for being PC.

I'm not outraged . Just another blurp on a long long list of annoyances from Ol Barry . If he doesnt want to call it what it is thats his choice . Its my opinion it makes look even weaker and more clueless .

I'm around a lot of Baptists. They hate most all Muslims....Hell they hate most ALL PEOPLE that aren't Southern Baptists. "God-fearing" hard right Christians are the worst for hating on those who are different from themselves.

I am Christian and am fully aware that some self proclaimed God fearing Christians are people I want nothing to do with...for many reasons. However, that last time I checked, the most hard right God fearing Christians have not beheaded anyone or burned anyone alive lately - and certainly not because they disagree with the other's religion. To compare even the most whack job Christians (and they are out there) to the extreme Muslims is absolutely nuts...

[/b]

I am Christian and am fully aware that some self proclaimed God fearing Christians are people I want nothing to do with...for many reasons. However, that last time I checked, the most hard right God fearing Christians have not beheaded anyone or burned anyone alive lately - and certainly not because they disagree with the other's religion. To compare even the most whack job Christians (and they are out there) to the extreme Muslims is absolutely nuts...

 

That's true, these days it seems like the worst hard right Christians get on megaphones and insult and demean the dead and they are almost always ridiculed by other Christians for doing so. Not even close.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.