February 16, 201511 yr While I see what you're getting at I'm sure you wouldn't want your friends to be hated simply because they are Muslim. Of course. I like them both quite a lot. I just don't get the purpose for these threads. We can all congratulate each other that we're not anti-Muslim and 'like' each others' posts and then where are we? My arm is tired for patting myself on the back.
February 16, 201511 yr Not yet. He needs me on speed dial or at least texting buddies. We could do some special things together. Get a room!
February 16, 201511 yr Of course. I like them both quite a lot. I just don't get the purpose for these threads. We can all congratulate each other that we're not anti-Muslim and 'like' each others' posts and then where are we? My arm is tired for patting myself on the back. I don't feel anyone is patting themselves on the back. I see the tread as legit, I know things I've seen on FB. Some I know is just in jest, some things I've seen are downright hateful and that's what PP is getting at. Hard to think some Christians can paint all Muslims with such a broad and hateful brush.
February 16, 201511 yr Some people are stupid. That's never going to change. I should change that. A lot of people are stupid. That's never going to change.
February 16, 201511 yr Author Of course. I like them both quite a lot. I just don't get the purpose for these threads. We can all congratulate each other that we're not anti-Muslim and 'like' each others' posts and then where are we? My arm is tired for patting myself on the back. Then don't pat. Forgive me for noticing a trend I don't like and speaking on it. Better yet, don't forgive me. I just want to see a society that actually follows through on the tolerance they claim to have. I saw another person who claims to be a "good Christian" practicing hate towards Muslims and I wanted to know if I was the only one who cringes when they see that kind of stuff on Facebook. I'm actually glad to see that I am not alone and even more glad that people whose politics are different than mine actually see eye to eye with me on this one. Plus I went to church yesterday and this snow day at home has put me in a reflective mood. Everytime I go to church I get depressed because it is at church when I am able to realize how our world is such an incredible failure in God's eyes.
February 16, 201511 yr I dont think God views his creation as an incredible failure . Its very hard hard to see us as God sees us . Do you have kids PP92 ? When you experience a love that transcends right and wrong it helps explain the possibility ( and truth ) that God loves us , even as we screw up .
February 16, 201511 yr nkypete this is a very good question. Whats bothering is the fact that other Muslims are not standing up to the radical side of the Muslim religion. As been noted here, Christians are quick to rise against Westboro and very loud. This one thing is very troubling to me. There is a reason behind this I think. If they speak up openly they go against the Koran. I think alot that have spoken are very moderate Muslims that are kinda cold to the faith that bend off exactly what the Koran says( see above). The "Radical Muslims" are the people taking it to the exact wording of the Koran and sticking by it no matter what the cost. I have always said one thing you can not fault the Muslims in the fact that they believe the Koran, cause they will blow themselves up for the cause of Jihad. Having said that the silence is deafening.
February 16, 201511 yr Not yet. He needs me on speed dial or at least texting buddies. We could do some special things together. Make no mistake about this, I do not like Obama as a President, at all. But I think out of the office we would get along if we left politics out of it.
February 16, 201511 yr Author I dont think God views his creation as an incredible failure . Its very hard hard to see us as God sees us . Do you have kids PP92 ? When you experience a love that transcends right and wrong it helps explain the possibility ( and truth ) that God loves us , even as we screw up . I have kids. I'm more or less looking at the world as a whole and becoming depressed at what I see "rational, God-fearing" adults doing to it. I heard the story of Pulitzer Prize winning photographer, Kevin Carter, who took this photo in Sudan and won a Pulitzer Prize as a result: Now in this photo you can see the vulture waiting on this child to die and Kevin Carter was told he is not allowed to take care of that child because of the laws of the land. Amazing he can win a prestigious award for taking this picture but can't do anything to take care of the child. As a result, Kevin Carter took his own life. The point I am trying to make is.....what are we doing? We as in the world. This should be unacceptable. Instead we give out awards for it. And openly practice hate for what we don't know. I never said God doesn't love us. He does. That we all know. However, in my eyes, we are failing God in an incredible fashion.
February 16, 201511 yr A strong belief in God should be balanced with equal respect for His (and our) adversary . Why do things like that picture occur ? Satan is just as real as God is .
February 16, 201511 yr I am with RTS, it is the extremism (of any flavor) that is intolerable to me as well. However, I am also concerned why moderate Muslims do not take a more active role in policing their own, if they truly do not support the extremism...many certainly have the resources. That's fair enough. I agree.
February 16, 201511 yr As been noted here, Christians are quick to rise against Westboro and very loud. Very good point. Edited February 16, 201511 yr by hoops5
February 16, 201511 yr I'm more worried that he's left handed. I never trusted left handed people. My mother in law is left handed. You really can't trust me then...I am left-handed, and my family coat of arms holds the sword "from the sinister side of the shield".
February 16, 201511 yr A strong belief in God should be balanced with equal respect for His (and our) adversary . Why do things like that picture occur ? Satan is just as real as God is . True...And so many Christians are playing into the hands of satan,and don't even know it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.