American Sniper - Sneak Previews this Thursday

Hellbird

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Follow

My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse

And I'm just saying:

Michael Moore @MMFlint · Jan 13

BIG 10! Congrats THE osu!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Follow

My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse

And I'm just saying:

Michael Moore @MMFlint · Jan 13

BIG 10! Congrats THE osu!

He should watch the end of the movie, and see the number of military personell that concidered Chris Kyle a hero.

Guys like Chris Kyle protect and save American lives.

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Follow

And I'm just saying:

Reason 1,987,345 I think Michael Moore is an Idiot/Moron/Blowhard!

Cooper said this is not a pro-war movie or a political statement. It's a character study of an interesting person.

I think the value is it shows that you can be a hero in the sense of putting your life in danger in support of your country YET be a flawed individual. Kyle was obviously flawed yet still was a hero. He may be a guy you want as a sniper while also a guy you wouldn't want to be like. His reported comments about "loving" to kill people are disturbing. His comment that he murdered looters during Katrina are also disturbing.

Moore's comments are sad. You can be anti-war or even anti-soldier but snipers are doing their job. Period. Hate the job if you must but do not denigrate the individual for doing his/her job.

Cooper said this is not a pro-war movie or a political statement. It's a character study of an interesting person.

I think the value is it shows that you can be a hero in the sense of putting your life in danger in support of your country YET be a flawed individual. Kyle was obviously flawed yet still was a hero. He may be a guy you want as a sniper while also a guy you wouldn't want to be like. His reported comments about "loving" to kill people are disturbing. His comment that he murdered looters during Katrina are also disturbing.

Moore's comments are sad. You can be anti-war or even anti-soldier but snipers are doing their job. Period. Hate the job if you must but do not denigrate the individual for doing his/her job.

The Bolded seems to be more "Urban Legend" than truth. I would find that very hard to believe.:idunno:

I know he supposedly said this to someone, but I also heard a while back that it was proven that he was somewhere else during the Katrina aftermath.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

The Bolded seems to be more "Urban Legend" than truth.

The facts may be a myth but he told the stories. He seemed to be caught up in being a "character." He said he killed two guys at a gas station who wanted to steal his truck. Reporters called every police department in the area and there were no cases of two guys being shot at any gas station.

This just supports Cooper's contention that this movie is a character study. Again, we want certain "types" of people defending us on foreign soil that we wouldn't necessarily want as neighbors. It's a great study of the way we rationalize things and make ourselves feel better.

I'd like to know what he said and if those comments were authentic. Like Clyde said, I'd prefer to consider them myth. But wouldn't be shocked otherwise. Perhaps the persona and the person weren't ever the same after his legend grew.

Per @giteshpandya on Twitter:

Among military dramas expanding in JAN, American Sniper did as much as Lone Survivor, Zero Dark Thirty & Black Hawk Down COMBINED.

Record shattering $105.3M 4day holiday opening wknd for #American Sniper. $89.5M 3day.

Biggest winter debut in history.