NJ Officer On Staff Of 125 Involved In 47/137 Incidents Involving Use Of Force

JokersWild24

Since this has now been moved to Federal Court, I have a slight feeling that "Officer" Orlando Trinidad is about to get some bad news.

His charges include: "assaulting a prisoner, conspiracy, official misconduct, falsifying or tampering records, and false swearing".

Gotta feeling with the transfer of locale, these won't be taken so lightly (as they apparently were in the department that employed him for over a decade in which he racked up 47 of the 137 total incidents), though the city is probably going to be on the hook for medical bills related to his leaving someone in his custody with an ear that needed to be sewn back on. The fact that one officer on the scene who was also charged in that incident has plead guilty for his involvement and opted to take the "early retirement" route probably doesn't bode well for Mr. Trinidad either.

You must have your Google Alert set for any story negative police stories. For someone that continually says that your are not Anti-Police you seem to go out of your way to start thread after thread on any negative story about police.

That said if this guy is guilty he should pay for the consequences of his actions.

You must have your Google Alert set for any story negative police stories. For someone that continually says that your are not Anti-Police you seem to go out of your way to start thread after thread on any negative story about police.

That said if this guy is guilty he should pay for the consequences of his actions.

Well, I'm not the person accused of doing what these guys are being accused of and am not making up the stories, so how about if police wanted them to stop, they stopped doing stupid stuff to put themselves in the news? There's a wild thought.

I'm being completely open and honest when I say this: sometimes I post trying to be provocative, sometimes I post sarcastically, and sometimes I post in jest. What I'm saying below is none of that.

I honestly posted this because I think there's an institutional problem in place when an officer on a staff of 125 is involved in over 1/3 of the incidents involving use of force when the proportionality that you would expect is somewhere around 2% (and that's assuming that 3 officers are called to an respond to and use force in each and every incident.

That's it and that's all. Like it or lump it, that's why I posted what I did and I think it's unreal the system where people's cell phone activity is traced through use of stingrays and patterns of calls are detected by use of algorithms can't see that there's a potential problem when there's such a disproportionate number from what common sense would dictate.

Just another bad cop making all look bad and give more reason for everyone to hate and mistrust cops.

Is it really just one though when whoever his supervisor is doesn't notice a pattern of behavior over a decade?

Or is it only one when two others who are accused with him and one takes a guilty plea and retires in lieu of being fired?

Or if this is a rogue guy acting alone, would there have been a better chance at this being handled in a local court before it moved to a Federal suit?

I'm no expert on the law, but "conspiracy", which is one of the charges of which he's accused, is a pretty damning implication that prosecutors believe that there's more than one person involved.

So the defendants (the police officers) asked to move the case to Federal Court?

The fact that he used force roughly 4 times a year over ten years in of it's self isn't evidence that he has done anything wrong. Each Use of Force would need to be looked at individually to see how many were necessary and how many weren't. It may be a pattern that deserves to be looked at but it isn't evidence of anything wrong.

If those past Uses of Force were wrongfully used then his supervisors did him no favors by not reprimanding him before this. If he can't control his temper or whatever and was using force when he shouldn't it should have already been addressed.

It looks like the conspiracy charges come from one incident where the officers have already been suspended without pay.

I guess we could start posting all the bad lawyer stories. It would take weeks but we could do it.:lol2:

I can't speak for Joker.

I am certainly not anti police. I am anti bad police. Just like I'm anti bad lawyer, anti bad doctor, anti bad sales clerk...

Hardly ever see Bad Doctor or Bad Lawyer threads started...

Funny isn't it. If you read some people's post on here bad lawyers don't exist.

Then start them. I can give you a link to report them to their Bar Association if needed.

Not going to apologize for taking my profession seriously and saying that I wouldn't take up for attorneys who are clearly in the wrong. If I have, then please, by all means, point out an example where I have and I'll gladly congratulate you and bow out of these threads.