Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrell Ejection

Featured Replies

I think he should be suspended. The ACC can't be viewed as permitting the throwing of haymakers, regardless of whether they land. (I do think Harrell was trying to stop or alter his punch but it was still a punch.) It was no Kermit Washington-Rudy Tomjanovich punch but the potential for serious and permanent injury is too great when long, 240 pounders unleash a punch on an unsuspecting opponent. The line needs to be drawn and I think the conference will do it------one game.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“It was a heated situation,” Harrell said. “Everything took a turn for the worse. It’s bad that I overreacted in the heat of the moment, and I just want to apologize to my teammates. I want to apologize to the University of Louisville and apologize to my coaching staff. I know I shouldn’t have acted that way and I’m truly sorry.”

 

Good response.

I'm not up in arms and I want him to take his whipping next Saturday, why would anyone what to exclude Harrell from what is going to happen?

 

Harrell wants to flex, yell, pose, mug, but most of all he wants to act all hard. I did notice the guy he swung at was about 5'11" so maybe he is smarter than I ever imagined.

Read this thread..some posts had to be deleted because of rule violation..... I am sure there are others,you can do the search.

Twitter was full of them too.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-basketball-association/grantland-demarcus-cousins-270325.html

 

 

Absolutely, Cousins was vilified for what he did to Shopshire. But really the biggest cheap shot ever delivered on Shopeshire was by Pitino.

but most of all he wants to act all hard.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

How so? Because he plays with an unmatched intensity?

Read this thread..some posts had to be deleted because of rule violation..... I am sure there are others,you can do the search.

Twitter was full of them too.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-basketball-association/grantland-demarcus-cousins-270325.html

 

Wow. Black and white. Two different standards, right here for all to read.

 

Hard to defend Harrell if you denounced Boogie. I would think that would be most fellow UK fans beef with the situation.

 

Instead of realizing that these are young men playing a game, and that emotions will run high, some jumped into a position to where their current position on this issue is hypocritical.

 

If you think Boogie's forearm/elbow was worse so be it, but these incidents are both inexcusable and happen from time to time. It's just te way it is. Boogie has proven to be a great guy off the court, and I'm sure Harrell will be the same way.

The ACC did indeed hand down a one game suspension.

1 game break then UK, everyone can move on now.

Absolutely, Cousins was vilified for what he did to Shopshire. But really the biggest cheap shot ever delivered on Shopeshire was by Pitino.

 

Swopshire...his name is Swopshire.

Heated sports moment, nothing more. As far as punches go, it was on the low end of my threatening scale. He got the punishment he deserved, and even though I wouldn't have given him another 1 game suspension, since it was a punch attempt, I understand why the conference did.

Heated sports moment' date=' nothing more. As far as punches go, it was on the low end of my threatening scale. He got the punishment he deserved, and even though I wouldn't have given him another 1 game suspension, since it was a punch attempt, I understand why the conference did.[/quote']

 

I probably would have given a half game suspension, since the incident happened with less than one minute left in the first half.

ACC has suspended him for one game.

For what it is worth here's the thread on the UK-UL game where Cousins threw the forearm: http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/kentucky-71-louisville-197068.html

 

The roles were pretty much reversed. The UK fans were making excuses for Cousins: Either he was provoked by a knee to the head or didn't connect etc. A few UL fans were calling him a punk. It's all about which team the player is on as to how offended you get about a player's actions.

 

This was a heat of the moment thing. Harrell deserved his ejection. I'm not sure he should have received an additional game but it won't affect the Cards in the long run. I don't think that incident makes him a dirty player or a thug. He apologized and seemed sincere about it. I'm ready to move on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.