Shots fired in Bowling Green

Plato

I think I know where you are going with the bolded comment. You do know that the shot could have just as easily hit him in the spine and he could be dead or paralyzed. What then?

Point being is...yeah it'd be great if in every situation an officer that's had to discharge his weapon did so into the buttocks of the criminal and everybody (but the criminal) is happy. Just doesn't work that way in real life though the great majority of the time.

Got him in the meat. Officer Clifton is a deadeye. That's why those guys spend hours on the range.

Got him in the meat. Officer Clifton is a deadeye. That's why those guys spend hours on the range.

No, those guys spend hours on the range shooting center mass at the chest of the target...strong hand, weak hand, maybe from a prone position, etc. They don't practice shooting someone in the butt, the foot or the hand. And that's not meant to take away from this officer in any way, far from it.

No, those guys spend hours on the range shooting center mass at the chest of the target...strong hand, weak hand, maybe from a prone position, etc. They don't practice shooting someone in the butt, the foot or the hand. And that's not meant to take away from this officer in any way, far from it.

They aim and shoot at a target, am I right?

I guess Officer Phelps should've taken a bullet first to justify shooting the armed man. I'll be sure to run this by the BGPD next time I'm in there.

They aim and shoot at a target, am I right?

I guess Officer Phelps should've taken a bullet first to justify shooting the armed man. I'll be sure to run this by the BGPD next time I'm in there.

Sorry, but this post makes no sense to me at all and I'm not getting the meaning whatsoever.

What in the world makes you think I would want the officer to take a bullet or that's what my post was indicating? I'm glad the officer ended up not killing the perp. He would have to live the rest of his life with taking someone else's life...even when it's justified I am quite certain that's hard to live with. But to think "shooting to wound" is an option in many situations, which I believe was the intent of your first post, is just not realistic and NOT what LEO are trained to do.