Shots fired in Bowling Green

Plato

Trying to rob a Cabelas' date=' if they are anything like the ones I've been to down here, is probably about as smart as trying to mug someone with a broken beer bottle outside of an NRA meeting.[/quote']

I don't think it was a robbery, just a theft.

Sounds like he stole an AR15 and was shot when he reached for it after the officer approached him.

Sounds like an open and shut case for the officer. Have they released the officers name?

Yeah they did. I actually know the officer. Guy walked out of the store with an AK or AR I believe, officer told him to stop and when he didn't officer delivered a shot to the buttocks.

IMO officer handled situation perfectly. Guy had gun and would not obey police orders, so officer fired one non-fatal bullet to the backside.

BG police officer shoots shoplifting suspect outside Cabela's - Bowling Green Daily News: News

Yeah they did. I actually know the officer. Guy walked out of the store with an AK or AR I believe, officer told him to stop and when he didn't officer delivered a shot to the buttocks.

IMO officer handled situation perfectly. Guy had gun and would not obey police orders, so officer fired one non-fatal bullet to the backside.

BG police officer shoots shoplifting suspect outside Cabela's - Bowling Green Daily News: News

Yea I don't know him. I have a couple of friends that work there so I was curious. This is BGs 2nd officer involved shooting in the past 3–4 years.

I think I know where you are going with the bolded comment. You do know that the shot could have just as easily hit him in the spine and he could be dead or paralyzed. What then?

Point being is...yeah it'd be great if in every situation an officer that's had to discharge his weapon did so into the buttocks of the criminal and everybody (but the criminal) is happy. Just doesn't work that way in real life though the great majority of the time.