Simon Kenton 57 Ryle 28

Hey HARDWOODFAN, what do you have to say for yourself?????

According to 1apr.com, Ryle will not have 4 returning starters on the floor; has the shortest frontcourt in NKY; can't play great defense; doesn't have a strong bench support well tested from AAU experience and doesn't have several players capable of double figures that are used to playing together..Therefore Madman's blow out prediction is likely...#itmightbeoppositeday

#itmightbetimetoeatsomeseriouscrowday

Ryle started 3 bigs and two guards that were not exceptional ball handlers. The bigs bothered SK shooters for a quarter and half, but quickly racked up fouls in bunches. Fatigue set in in the 2nd half and Ryle was done. Ryle had some smaller, quicker players coming off the bench that I though was a better match up than the kids they started.

No dominant scorer for SK. My first time seeing Neace in a brand new SK uniform. Girl has some serious upper body strength for a freshman.

As per WCPO.com

SIMON KENTON 57, RYLE 28 – Freshman guard Ally Niece scored her 1,000th career point in the Pioneers win.

Niece needed just one point to reach that threshold, which she accomplished with a second-quarter free throw. She finished with 10 points, eight rebounds and four assists.

Senior guard Kelsey Schmiade led nine Simon Kenton scorers with 11 points, and she pulled down eight boards. Sophomore center Madi Meier chipped in 10 points, seven rebounds, three blocks and a steal.

Junior guard Mallory Schwartz finished with 11 points to lead the Raiders.

RYLE 6-11-6-5—28

at SK 6-18-15-18—57

RYLE (0-1): M. Schwartz 4 3 11, L. Schwartz 1 2 4, McGregor 2 0 4, Lange 1 0 2, Carouthers 2 1 5, Jump 1 0 2. Totals 11 6 28.

SIMON KENTON (2-0): Schmiade 2 6 11, Jones 1 0 2, Blau 1 4 6, Krohman 0 6 6, Gilliam 2 0 4, Niece 2 5 10, Bosse 2 2 6, Meier 2 6 10, Kunkel 1 0 2. Totals 13 29 57.

3-pointers: SK—Schmiade, Niece. JV: Simon Kenton, 32-13.

Ryle started 3 bigs and two guards that were not exceptional ball handlers. The bigs bothered SK shooters for a quarter and half, but quickly racked up fouls in bunches. Fatigue set in in the 2nd half and Ryle was done. Ryle had some smaller, quicker players coming off the bench that I though was a better match up than the kids they started.

No dominant scorer for SK. My first time seeing Neace in a brand new SK uniform. Girl has some serious upper body strength for a freshman.

I think many wondered if this would be a question/weakness for Ryle. Nice players in their position, lots of length and skill...but no real skilled ball handlers. It sounds as if SK's press wore on them pretty good and was good enough to expose the point guard/ball handling deficiency.

Kind of surprised at Lange from Ryle only getting 2. Was she one of the Ryle players on the bench a lot with foul trouble?

Congrats to my SK girls. First time I got to see them this year. Wow they are very, very young. The pipeline is looking very good for quite a while. First time seeing Niece in a SK uniform. She struggled the first half with several turnovers, but settled down the second half and played very well. I look for her to mature into a very nice player. I believe they are going to grow and get so much better throughout the season. It is going to be fun watching this team for the next four years.

As for Ryle, I thought they had some talented girls, but were not under control. They fouled like crazy, turned the ball over like crazy, and got very winded early. They seemed to be a more mature team with lots of juniors on their roster. I expected much more from them. I actually thought this would be a very tight game. For them to get beat by almost 30 was very surprising to me. Good luck to both teams as they move forward.

I think many wondered if this would be a question/weakness for Ryle. Nice players in their position, lots of length and skill...but no real skilled ball handlers. It sounds as if SK's press wore on them pretty good and was good enough to expose the point guard/ball handling deficiency.

Kind of surprised at Lange from Ryle only getting 2. Was she one of the Ryle players on the bench a lot with foul trouble?

I'm not sure which one Lange was. I believe Jump fouled out.

This game left me scratching my head wondering ir Ryle did any scouting on SK. Ryle had several smaller, quicker guards coming off the bench, that given match ups, should have gotten more PT than the bigs. Although Ryle's bigs did bother SK shooters, the lack of lateral mobility and quickness led to way too many fouls and put SK in the double bonus early in each half.

Interesting stat that SK had 2 more field goals than Ryle, but won by 29, wow. I guess the 29-6 FT margin helped.

Every year SK gets two or three losses from officiating crews that don't call body fouls. Early in the game, I thought this might be one. It will be interesting to see how the SK "Diaper Dandies" do against a team with good ball handlers.

As per WCPO.com

SIMON KENTON 57, RYLE 28 – Freshman guard Ally Niece scored her 1,000th career point in the Pioneers win.

Niece needed just one point to reach that threshold, which she accomplished with a second-quarter free throw. She finished with 10 points, eight rebounds and four assists.

Senior guard Kelsey Schmiade led nine Simon Kenton scorers with 11 points, and she pulled down eight boards. Sophomore center Madi Meier chipped in 10 points, seven rebounds, three blocks and a steal.

Junior guard Mallory Schwartz finished with 11 points to lead the Raiders.

RYLE 6-11-6-5—28

at SK 6-18-15-18—57

RYLE (0-1): M. Schwartz 4 3 11, L. Schwartz 1 2 4, McGregor 2 0 4, Lange 1 0 2, Carouthers 2 1 5, Jump 1 0 2. Totals 11 6 28.

SIMON KENTON (2-0): Schmiade 2 6 11, Jones 1 0 2, Blau 1 4 6, Krohman 0 6 6, Gilliam 2 0 4, Niece 2 5 10, Bosse 2 2 6, Meier 2 6 10, Kunkel 1 0 2. Totals 13 29 57.

3-pointers: SK—Schmiade, Niece. JV: Simon Kenton, 32-13.

Krohman and Meier girls have some dads that could hoop.