5 of 6 Semifinal Games Include NKY Teams...

Sweeperboy

Why are 5 NKY teams in the Semi-Finals?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Why are 5 NKY teams in the Semi-Finals?

• NKY's brand of Football is better.
    • Football around the state is down.
    • It's a product of the current alignment.
    • Just luck?

Wow!!!

What does this tell us about the strength of NKY football or perhaps a better question would be the overall strength of KY football

Either way, I am proud that 4 of my neighboring communities will have a chance to play for a State Championship in two weeks with a win this Friday:thumb:

If all 5 could win out I would take a watered down system anyday...

Perhaps we could get a poll added to this thread and get a feel for what everyone else is guessing

93% of the people will say it's because of football being down in Ky. lol! Guarantee that is what is said.

Poll should read:

-Better teams in NKY

-Competition is weak

-Recruiting is better

-It's Cincinnati South

-Mediocre teams

-Watered down system

-Our kids have to ride buses farther so they don't come to practice so we can't compete

-Blah,blah,blah, excuse,excuse

Last one gets the most votes.

I think it really speaks volumes for the talent of football in NKY. Only having schools in 5 of the 6 classes in the state in NKY and having a team in every one of the 5 classes represented is phenomenal.

I cant ant think of any other area that has done that recently. Louisville has had multiple teams in semis before

it usually several

of them are in one class,6A.

It it talks about scheduling etc also. Ncc for example went into district play without a win I believe and look where they are now. Cooper was labeled "terrible and horrible" by several in here and they only won their 2nd regional title in 3 years. I think the caliber of teams in NKY has benefitted all these teams this year.

I think it really speaks volumes for the talent of football in NKY. Only having schools in 5 of the 6 classes in the state in NKY and having a team in every one of the 5 classes represented is phenomenal.

I cant ant think of any other area that has done that recently. Louisville has had multiple teams in semis before

it usually several

of them are in one class,6A.

It it talks about scheduling etc also. Ncc for example went into district play without a win I believe and look where they are now. Cooper was labeled "terrible and horrible" by several in here and they only won their 2nd regional title in 3 years. I think the caliber of teams in NKY has benefitted all these teams this year.

Yeah, Louisville's strong teams are clustered in 2A and 6A as well as Central, even though the area does have teams spread across all six classes.

Define "Northern Kentucky".

Then let's take an area that includes a similar population.

Western Kentucky (if you only include west of KY Lake): Class A: Mayfield, Class AA: Murray Class AAAAA: Graves County. That would be a much higher "per capita" participation in the semis than NKy.

Expand that to include from WKU west and you pick up: Class AAA: South Warren, Class AAAA: Owensboro

Five teams from "Western Kentucky" in the Semi-Finals.

I do believe all five have an excellent chance of advancing.

Define "Northern Kentucky".

Then let's take an area that includes a similar population.

Western Kentucky (if you only include west of KY Lake): Class A: Mayfield, Class AA: Murray Class AAAAA: Graves County. That would be a much higher "per capita" participation in the semis than NKy.

Expand that to include from WKU west and you pick up: Class AAA: South Warren, Class AAAA: Owensboro

Five teams from "Western Kentucky" in the Semi-Finals.

I do believe all five have an excellent chance of advancing.

Basically we think of NKY as a 3 county area that has all the schools within 30 miles from each other. The counties are Boone, Kenton and Campbell.