21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raceland
    • Fairview

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you sir, I just think it is time to move forward. Everyone involved has except Raceland fans like yourself and others on this forum. Personally isn't life about learning from adversity and moving forward. My only point is that people mainly select Raceland folks won't move forward.

Look, I apologized to Talon for my comment. If you took the time to read it. You, my friend are accusing me of things that did not happen. I apologize when I am wrong and I did. I think spindoc is correct; this stuff is old........ I am done.

I wasn't going to dignify this with a response but since you want your ignorance in print we shall go there. First, Sebastian did not stay with me. He stayed with Mrs. Smith, the Spanish teacher at Raceland because there was no one else in the Tri-State area to house him. He would've went to whatever school district that he was staying. 2. Mason Rister stayed with me for about 5 weeks. He is my Godson and his father is a good friend of mine and was going away for 4 years. Mason's mother lives in Maysville area and Mason wanted to stay here. After a while, he wanted to go back to Greenup. With both his parents blessing and with mine, he moved into his grandfathers house so he could re-enroll at GC. He actually played football for GC the same season. All because it was a legal move and no cover up was going on. Now, since you obviously are now educated, can you please change your screen name? I do not like to be associated with the likes of you.

Doc, you are right when you said that it didn't dignify a response. Great post. I guess some are just a "wannabe". :no: :rolleyes:

Look, I apologized to Talon for my comment. If you took the time to read it. You, my friend are accusing me of things that did not happen. I apologize when I am wrong and I did. I think spindoc is correct; this stuff is old........ I am done.

Even though absolutely everything that I said is truth. Everyone in the state knows what was done, why and how. "That Place" has chosen to keep some on staff that were involved, on tat staff while all was going on. That School board has hire the same superintendent involved, actually the originator / designer of what has went on since around 2001 or so. Those facts alone shows me that their board, school admin. aren't all that interested in cleaning house at the school system. At least not as much as some of the very, very good people that have grown up, lived in Westwood all their life that are embarrassed, sick of what's been going on and got worse, more of it every year.

I honestly do hope that the people get their school system, football program cleaned up. I guess we will see when / if the state finishes the current investigation on various reported charges by the media (Daily Ind. - WOWK T.V. ) last summer.

Raceland is special place, and I will put the administration, faculty, coaches, kids, parents, and community up against any other program in the state. This community support their school and program just as much, if not more, than any other community in the state. You won't realize what I am talking about unless you attend the school or attend and entire season with the Rams. I this statement isn't directed towards just you, it is directed to anyone who doesn't know what Raceland football is about. You don't know what Raceland football is unless you were present at the game in Pikeville, KY on September 2, 2011. You don't know what Raceland football is unless you attended the past few weeks of games with what has gone down with Rock Ball's family. You don't know Raceland football unless you saw how many people were at Cole Thomas's visitation and funeral. That is what Raceland football is. It is more than football. It is about doing the right thing at the best of your ability. It is about family, discipline, and future. That, my friend, is Raceland Ram football.

LR....This one choked me up. There are far many more reasons, instances like you mentioned through years past. Very few saw former Rams QB Frank Brown lying motionless on the field after taking a cheap shot late hit during a scrimmage game. With the exception of many in the Raceland-Worthington community and school ....Didn't see all the out pouring of love, care for him when he was lying in the hospital, pins / halo around his head laying in traction to mend / heal a Broken Neck ....Didn't know Coach Larry Heck at the hospital, face in his hands crying / blaming himself - said "it was a scrimmage, I didn't have to play it....now look at him (while in tears). That's from the late 70's and there have been more through the years, plenty more.

There was once a T-Shirt that the Ram Football boosters sold that said ...."IF....After All of These Years, You Don't Know About Raceland Ram Football.....You Wouldn't Understand"

That is what we call .....RAM NATION !

On a very personal note ...I have posted this before and this discussion, I believe merits it again. ... I want to share something about me that maybe describes some of my reasons for loving this place. Growing up, I loved sports - all sports. I, like most all other kids growing up played all the youth league sports, Jr. High sports and wanting to be a "Ram" like any other kid in this town. I was far, very far from a great - even good player. I more and more was getting "winded/tired" way too soon, had more growing trouble with strength, was losing strength/skills rather than getting better. I eventually started not making teams, etc. and got really down about that. Unlike other places, other schools, teammates/classmates and just "kids" in general there were NO ONE putting me down, making fun of, looking down upon...anything like that. I think that they knew what I was feeling but rather than distance themselves my teammates, friends stayed close friends, non judgemental and treated me no different than when I was playing/competing with them. Long story to short....it wasn't until years later that I found out why I was losing strength, endurance, etc.. I was diagnosed with secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis, my body was "fighting itself". At that time in the 70's, M.S. was little known much less treatments so when diagnosed as an adult the disease had already progressed until not long after and now I am wheelchair bound. I don't think , no I know that no one has ever had my desire to play, excel but just wasn't meant to be. That's why I am so passionate about MY Rams, the way I was treated by the great people of this community.

Other reasons that everyone in these two communities of Raceland / Worthington and the surrounding areas of the "RAM NATION" are a special people......We have had former players, Alumni come in from as far as San Diego, CA., Raliegh, NC, Jacksonville, FL., Nevada, Denver, CO. just to name a few for a Rival football game (Russell, Fairview, GC), homecoming and H.O.F. games. I know that most all schools have very proud fans and alumni but I can confidently say that I have Never seen a fan base, Alumni, Administration, Teachers, other School employees that are as Good of supporters of All school activities as there are in this little place called Raceland/Worthington. This community is painted RAM ORANGE and BLACK. Not only for this season, is that way every season ! As just one recent example last week another "Parade" went through town celebrating the Girls Volleyball Team Regional Champions, who will be in the State Tourney this weekend. Football, Baseball, Track, Basketball, Girls Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Softball.....Band is no Different, the Raceland "Ram Pride" ban has won many competitions as well as a couple of State Championships. Academics are supported as well, Raceland is well known for excellence in academics. There have been quite a lot of students transfer to Raceland from some area schools just for the education provided from Elementary to the High School Levels.

So Yes, I am a extremely proud Alumni of Raceland High School, 1975 and still support all areas of the now RWHS !

Some people laugh at myself and others saying it but that's just too bad,,,,,,,,[/b]Once A Rambler / Ram - Always a RAM !

Edited by oldrambler

LR....This one choked me up. There are far many more reasons, instances like you mentioned through years past. Very few saw former Rams QB Frank Brown lying motionless on the field after taking a cheap shot late hit during a scrimmage game. With the exception of many in the Raceland-Worthington community and school ....Didn't see all the out pouring of love, care for him when he was lying in the hospital, pins / halo around his head laying in traction to mend / heal a Broken Neck ....Didn't know Coach Larry Heck at the hospital, face in his hands crying / blaming himself - said "it was a scrimmage, I didn't have to play it....now look at him (while in tears). That's from the late 70's and there have been more through the years, plenty more.

There was once a T-Shirt that the Ram Football boosters sold that said ...."IF....After All of These Years, You Don't Know About Raceland Ram Football.....You Wouldn't Understand"

GO RAMS!

On a very personal note ...I have posted this before and this discussion, I believe merits it again. ... I want to share something about me that maybe describes some of my reasons for loving this place. Growing up, I loved sports - all sports. I, like most all other kids growing up played all the youth league sports, Jr. High sports and wanting to be a "Ram" like any other kid in this town. I was far, very far from a great - even good player. I more and more was getting "winded/tired" way too soon, had more growing trouble with strength, was losing strength/skills rather than getting better. I eventually started not making teams, etc. and got really down about that. Unlike other places, other schools, teammates/classmates and just "kids" in general there were NO ONE putting me down, making fun of, looking down upon...anything like that. I think that they knew what I was feeling but rather than distance themselves my teammates, friends stayed close friends, non judgemental and treated me no different than when I was playing/competing with them. Long story to short....it wasn't until years later that I found out why I was losing strength, endurance, etc.. I was diagnosed with secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis, my body was "fighting itself". At that time in the 70's, M.S. was little known much less treatments so when diagnosed as an adult the disease had already progressed until not long after and now I am wheelchair bound. I don't think , no I know that no one has ever had my desire to play, excel but just wasn't meant to be. That's why I am so passionate about MY Rams, the way I was treated by the great people of this community.

Other reasons that everyone in these two communities of Raceland / Worthington and the surrounding areas of the "RAM NATION" are a special people......We have had former players, Alumni come in from as far as San Diego, CA., Raliegh, NC, Jacksonville, FL., Nevada, Denver, CO. just to name a few for a Rival football game (Russell, Fairview, GC), homecoming and H.O.F. games. I know that most all schools have very proud fans and alumni but I can confidently say that I have Never seen a fan base, Alumni, Administration, Teachers, other School employees that are as Good of supporters of All school activities as there are in this little place called Raceland/Worthington. This community is painted RAM ORANGE and BLACK. Not only for this season, is that way every season ! As just one recent example last week another "Parade" went through town celebrating the Girls Volleyball Team Regional Champions, who will be in the State Tourney this weekend. Football, Baseball, Track, Basketball, Girls Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Softball.....Band is no Different, the Raceland "Ram Pride" ban has won many competitions as well as a couple of State Championships. Academics are supported as well, Raceland is well known for excellence in academics. There have been quite a lot of students transfer to Raceland from some area schools just for the education provided from Elementary to the High School Levels.

So Yes, I am a extremely proud Alumni of Raceland High School, 1975 and still support all areas of the now RWHS !

Some people laugh at myself and others saying it but that's just too bad,,,,,,,,[/b]Once A Rambler / Ram - Always a RAM !

I think this is the shirt you are talking about:

Raceland Football Shirt (Harley Davidson Style) Compressed.jpg

Today, Thursday left on the "Work Week" of preparing for this one Rams. Friday, you go out to "Earn" that paycheck / WIN vs. that school in Westwood. DO NOT Take lightly bc you went to their place and "mercy ruled" that team a few weeks ago.

SO, Here comes the broken record again .....Stay FOCUSED, HARD WORK, Be RELENTLESS in practice. A team will play like they practice, so don't take one drill, one play off. Go out and best this team worse than the first meeting, put a few !!! on it, leave absolutely no doubt who they played.

Play With ......RAM PRIDE !!

I Think That My Along With Little Ram's Posts earlier Re Affirmed Exactly What That Is.