Raceland/Fairview Predictions

sidelinedoc

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raceland
    • Fairview

Raceland doesn't like Fairview and Fairview doesn't like Raceland. That is a rivalry. As much as I like Raceland to blow out Fairview, it is the close games that keep it intense, honestly. However, I spoke to a Fairview coach over the summer while I was working out and I respect the coaches that are there now. He knew what was going on and will admit to anyone that he didn't like it but he didn't have a say on what was happening. What needs to be restored within the rivalry is respect for each team. Respect that either team can win because year in and year out there will be two good programs on the field. But I love the hatred!! It makes the rivalry.

Raceland 55

West Ashland 12

GO RAMS!!!!!!!

It will take the current coaching staff a while to change things over there but he is a good person and a good coach. His biggest obstacle is the fact that there was no middle school football team this year due to lack of numbers.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take the current coaching staff a while to change things over there but he is a good person and a good coach. His biggest obstacle is the fact that there was no middle school football team this year due to lack of numbers.

I don't see Fred Ray as a long term head coach at Fairview. Just my opinion.

I don't see Fred Ray as a long term head coach at Fairview. Just my opinion.

Honestly, I don't either. From what I have heard he is reinstating some class with the team. Again, that is hearsay. However, I do believe they might just run him out of town like they did Tackett before McPeek was hired.

Honestly, I don't either. From what I have heard he is reinstating some class with the team. Again, that is hearsay. However, I do believe they might just run him out of town like they did Tackett before McPeek was hired.

I don't think they will run him out of town or anything like that. I just believe that this is a stop along the way. Somewhere for him to gain some valuable head coaching experience, until a more attractive opportunity arises. Again, these are my opinions.

On this we agree. Biggest mistake they have ever made IMO.

Wanted to get to the carpet fellas.

Yes, but getting there the way it was done was both wrong and dare I say unethical? And then to have it all taken away as if it didn't happen?! There is a right way and a wrong way to get to the carpet. We all know which way was taken to get there and it isn't pretty.

Yes, but getting there the way it was done was both wrong and dare I say unethical? And then to have it all taken away as if it didn't happen?! There is a right way and a wrong way to get to the carpet. We all know which way was taken to get there and it isn't pretty.

No better way of saying it.

Sad that a school that was in the state championship game just two seasons ago is facing this in their younger grades.