FreakNasty's Sweet Sixteen Preview/Projections

Wow, your still holding on to that call. I'm sure you know that a ten second violation is based on the officials count and not the clock. Warren Central got a whole 10.9 seconds. I don't suppose that it is possible that from the time that the WC player called the timeout, the officials heard the call for timeout, blew his whistle and signaled timeout, the timekeeper saw the officials signal and moved his finger to stop the clock, more than .9 seconds could have ellapsed. I mean that is a pretty big margin for error.

I don't bash referees but whoever the clock keeper is pretty darn good to be doing it at Rupp. Just saying what the clock said, no hard feelings.

And WC threw it in with 50.1 seconds to go, then called time out before crossing half court with 39.2 seconds left, but the refs called no 10 second violation.

If the 2nd round is WC vs. CCH, I see it being close but CovCath winning. While Warren Central has the experience, I believe they are young and CovCath is loaded with 5 seniors. Just as in the 9th tourney when Dixie upset Holmes because their seniors weren't finished, I could see this happening in Rupp.

There were multiple costs that went against CCH, but Warren Central played an excellent game.

It was actually 50.0 seconds, and then 39.8 I do believe. Still over 10.0 seconds, but not by a whole lot.

The walk that they missed on DeWalt was THE biggest turning point in the game. Not only did they miss the walk, but they called a fould on Votel, as C-Fan mentioned.

Also, CCH was called for stepping on the baseline & it turns out that call was most likely incorrect as well.

Anyway, WC played a great game and deserved to win. Here's hoping to another classic CCH / WC matchup and for this one to go to the Colonels!

There were multiple costs that went against CCH, but Warren Central played an excellent game.

It was actually 50.0 seconds, and then 39.8 I do believe. Still over 10.0 seconds, but not by a whole lot.

The walk that they missed on DeWalt was THE biggest turning point in the game. Not only did they miss the walk, but they called a fould on Votel, as C-Fan mentioned.

Also, CCH was called for stepping on the baseline & it turns out that call was most likely incorrect as well.

Anyway, WC played a great game and deserved to win. Here's hoping to another classic CCH / WC matchup and for this one to go to the Colonels!

All that is true, but Warren Central won the game, in my opinion, b/c their guard (I forget his name) would knock down a three everytime CovCath threatened to make a run. WC was an excellent team that year.

Nice job.

One small correction - Warren Central and CovCath have played. In fact it was just two years ago in the state semifinals. One of the more exciting plays was a dunk by DeWalt over CovCath's Votel. DeWalt walked on the play, but Votel was called for the foul and DeWalt completed the 3 point play.

I should have clarified this in my original post, but previous meetings are matchups from this season.......

Sorry for any confusion on that, looking back I would have been confused as well....

I hope you got paid for that!!!!

:lol: I wish....

This took me several hours, but hey I love basketball, and it was a late Sunday night, nothing else to do....

I just hope it's appreciated, sometimes I wonder about some people on here..... :lol:

Well researched and well written. Thanks for the effort. It afforded a lot of pleasure. You have an impressive knowledge of high school basketball. I have seen Slaughter play a couple of times for Shelby County. Any feel for how he will perform at the next level at Western Kentucky?

Well researched and well written. Thanks for the effort. It afforded a lot of pleasure. You have an impressive knowledge of high school basketball. I have seen Slaughter play a couple of times for Shelby County. Any feel for how he will perform at the next level at Western Kentucky?

If he can get into the rotation, he'll be fine. He defintely goes into the mold of what they have built over the decade with his athleticism.....

Analysis

Apollo had to have the toughest road in the region to make it to Rupp, talk about turning someone crazy....

Cov Cath could be a sleeper to win it all in all honesty.....

The "colonel crazies" (same name we used at Bourbon for our student section) will be there rocking, I'll go on record and say I'm glad I dont have tickets next to that student section.....

Rex Chapman wont be suiting up for Apollo, it's been an exciting run but the dream ends Thursday afternoon....

Projected Score

Covington Catholic 68

Apollo 54

Turns out Rex wasn't needed afterall. :banana: :banana: