Mayfield vs Russellville

Mayfield vs. Russellville  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield vs. Russellville

• Mayfield
    • Russellville

I'm not sure Russellville will be able to score much against Mayfield's D, but, one thing for sure, Coach Myers knows Mayfield's playbook about as well as anyone they'll play and he'll put his kids in the right positions to make plays, will just come down to if they can execute.. I think Mayfield wins, but, I expect it to be close for awhile. Mayfields played the 2 Fultons and had a bye week the past 3 weeks, so, it'll likely take them awhile to get there footing and heads back in the game, but, I think they'll pull away late.. I'll say 31-20

If Russellville was back to where they were in the early 2010's, it would be a fight. But right now I don't see them being a serious threat to the Cardinals.

Mayfield 35-10

Russ has not really fallen off, last year was one of the best teams they have had in years difference being that the last few years they have been in Mayfield's class and district and Mf has been loaded since Russ joined the district. They played Mf much closer than any other class A school has the last couple of years and Myers knows Mf better than anyone else having coached here with most of this staff. Cards by 21-14 points

Russellville will use 3 guys to pound and ground out the run, as they pass very sparingly. This game may have the excitement of the Murray game, but with the Panthers not able to keep the chains moving like Murray did. Mayfield's run D is very solid right now and I would expect maybe a touchdown from Russellville, but not much more. Expecting a low scoring game, 24 to 8 or 28 to 8.

Russ has not really fallen off, last year was one of the best teams they have had in years difference being that the last few years they have been in Mayfield's class and district and Mf has been loaded since Russ joined the district. They played Mf much closer than any other class A school has the last couple of years and Myers knows Mf better than anyone else having coached here with most of this staff. Cards by 21-14 points

Should of thought about that with a little more accuracy, It was late in 08-09 I believe they had the tandem of Elam and Quarles (sp?). Those two were definitely game changers

Mayfield 35-7, just going by Fort Campbell game Russellville wins by 2, we win by 40+. Lots can change over a season but I'm not sold on Russellville....yet

You may rethink the score a bit after you compare the Franklin-Simpson/Russellville/Graves Co./Mayfield games. I think it will be closer to a 16 pt difference.