Cats' Pause 9th Region Preview

LMS

If she is out that's a shame, nice player. It would leave opening for Hicks and Dages along with Gambrel. All can nice pieces of the puzzle.

They may have another little surprise for you too. Remember the name Savannah Jordan. Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that, but didn't want to be the one to put it on here. She is fun to watch and I am heartbroken for her. She never played for me, but went threw AAU watching her develop as they played against us.

INJURIES SUCK!...there's no other way to put it!

I wouldn't put it out there either if I hadn't been told she tweeted about it.

Girls and knee injuries.

The only time I've heard her called a name was what came out of you mouth when she was rumblin down the third base line in her catchers gear to tag out my speedy runner at third!!! Tell her I'm still mad at her for that...and she almost took me out!!!

Anyway, to answer your questions. Most know I like ND's program, so this is not a put down or taking shots, it's what I think. I love me some Haylee Smith and Kennedy Baugh! But when asked, I tell. Also keep in mind, when I look at teams and give my opinion, it's not about how they will do against 85% of the teams they face. It's only about how I think they will do when playing good teams. 85% of the teams on their shedule they won't have any issues with because they are big and physical. They can bully their way to a win. That's not meant to be a bad thing. Wish our team had a little more bully in them!:

I think their main issue will be ball handling. They lost a lot of confident ball handlers last year. And I don't just mean their PG. They had 3-4 very experienced ball handlers that helped with pressure. That's gone and is replaced with a sophomore transfer.

New and young PG. I understand she is pretty good. But, she is transitioning to a new team, she's not the oldest and not the best on the team. And in my opinion doesn't have a ton of help when the pressure is turned way up. So it will be interesting and key for ND to see how she not only handles individual pressure from the Wares, McClendons, Gambrels and Coffey's of the region, but also the high pressure and ever-changing team defenses like Holmes and HHS. Then you also have the Big teams like HC and Ryle. So it will be a challenge adjusting for her...IMO

The loss of Ogle cannot be underestimated. For 3 years, ND never had to worry about the other teams best player. I high school, when you can neutralize the other teams best players, you have a weapon. And there were times they lived off of Ogle's pressure and tip balls for steals and turned them into easy baskets. ND's length because of her and others was ridiculous and very hard to play against. Almost all that length is gone over the last two years and someone has to take over shutting down the other teams best player because they never had to do that before.

I think Depth can be an issue. I think their starting 5 (if they figure out the ball handling thing), can play with anyone. But their depth could be an issue. Can they afford to take players off the court without too much damage.

The last thing is I still think there is a question mark with the new coach. Not a ding on him at all. However, it can be pretty easy to coach when you have a ton of talent. They still have talent and very good athletes, but not as many. The parts aren't as interchangeable and some of the strategies may become tough because of limited studs.

My belief is they will be there in the end and have say in the region. They have several good athletes. I haven't seen the PG play, so I have no idea what to expect with pressure on here. I think ND is filled with good, big 3-5's. But can they win with that?

I don't recall you ever taking shots at any girls, it's why I asked your opinion. I have to agree with you in a lot of your views. Could be a fun season, could be a long one. All I want is for my girl to have fun her senior year. She is having fun when she wins, so I know what her goal is. LOL!

We lost a ton with our senior class from last year. This season won't be the same, as last year wasn't without Olivia. Adjustments will have to be made and people will have to step up and fill some big shoes. I'm going to hope for the best and be there to support the girls. Have a feeling this is going to be an interesting season across the board in the 9th!

And if you stand in front of a freight train....you're liable to get ran over! That coaches box is there for a reason. LOL!! no worries though, since Baugh arrived I doubt you'll see the gear on Haylee again....well, you just never know!

I'm waiting for a legit preview to come available!!!

Just so you will sleep well...bulldog&onlybulldog.com reports 9th region top 10 as

1. Holmes

2. Holmes

3. Holmes

4. Holmes

5. Holmes

6. Holmes

7. Holmes

8. Holmes

9. Holmes

10. Holmes

:) all kidding aside... Original pole did hurt its credibility a bit by not having Holmes in top 3...Highland Holy Cross & Holmes ...order could be reversed but those 3 start the season in close race for top billing

Just so you will sleep well...bulldog&onlybulldog.com reports 9th region top 10 as

1. Holmes

2. Holmes

3. Holmes

4. Holmes

5. Holmes

6. Holmes

7. Holmes

8. Holmes

9. Holmes

10. Holmes

:) all kidding aside... Original pole did hurt its credibility a bit by not having Holmes in top 3...Highland Holy Cross & Holmes ...order could be reversed but those 3 start the season in close race for top billing

Finally a legit preview!!!

1. Holmes

2. Holmes

3. Holmes

4. Holmes

5. Holmes

6. Holmes

7. Holmes

8. Holmes

9. Holmes

10. Holmes

Darn you! You got to it faster than I could. Was going to do the same thing except copy and paste the Bulldog roster from 1-10.

They may have another little surprise for you too. Remember the name Savannah Jordan. Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

With Hendricks out that is a huge blow to Conner!! Gambrel is a very good player but she can't carry this team alone!! Hicks & Dages are good players, but Conner is going to need more scorers. Jordan is a very good player for her age but not sure Varsity ready & I base that off of what I saw this summer at TMC. Hicks & Dages did not play for Conner in the games I saw this summer. Based off of what I saw this summer, I look for Vest, Bolter & Roberts to play substantial minutes for Stamm. All 3 are good shooters, rebounders, defensive & can play both as a forward or guard. Bolter is quick & a very nice ball handler that could give teams a surprise. Roberts & Vest have size to battle underneath which Conner will need. I hate to hear Hendricks is injured & pray a speedy recovery for her. She is a very good & very entertaining young lady to watch on the court!!!