Top 3 is right on. From 4th on down a lot of questions to answer :

4. Ryle

5. St Henry

6. Notre Dame

7. Cooper

8. Conner

9. Boone

10. NCC

Agree with Red Heat on this one with minor changes..not sure how Holmes did not make the top 3 in their original list ...their can be a lot of debate but I'd say someone was looking more at last years info if placing Holmes lower than 3rd

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to finish my post...Maye and Tubbs could have a say in that list too. I understand they probably don't look at Tubbs because there is no history due to a transfer. But she is a good one. I also feel players like Gambrel don't get enough credit because you don't see them in the box scores with points. But I can tell you there are a couple players in the ninth that I would start a team with that don't get a lot of credit because they aren't scorers and Gambrel is one of them.

Also like Lexi Held. Going to be a superstar...imo.

And no Ali Johnson or Macy Steumpel??? Believe Ali is getting some D1 looks as a sophomore. And they are also a "dark horse" in the region...IMO. With their coach, they are going to D up and get in your shorts. They are also going to get shots off! Beechwood is a dangerous team if you ask me.

I also think Ryle has more than just Lang. I like the Schwartz girl a lot.

Its always difficult to debate player list because it can appear you're trying to knock one of the players on the list...and that's not the case as all 10 are solid contributors to their teams. But Beechwoods' Steumpel would have to be on this list IMO.

RC spot on with Ryle...4 returning starters each bring different tools that compliment each other...Schwartz top player consideration if you look at all facets of her game..all 4 have college interest

Its always difficult to debate player list because it can appear you're trying to knock one of the players on the list...and that's not the case as all 10 are solid contributors to their teams. But Beechwoods' Steumpel would have to be on this list IMO.

RC spot on with Ryle...4 returning starters each bring different tools that compliment each other...Schwartz top player consideration if you look at all facets of her game..all 4 have college interest

If the 9th Region is up this year which we established in another thread then the top 10 players list would leave out several really good candidates. Several not mentioned may be better all around players than some listed in other regions. No one in mind just making a general statement.

If the 9th Region is up this year which we established in another thread then the top 10 players list would leave out several really good candidates. Several not mentioned may be better all around players than some listed in other regions. No one in mind just making a general statement.

I do agree with this. There is a lot of talent...maybe not elite talent when compared to the best in the state, but a lot of above avg talent and skill. It seems they may have leaned on height and potential too. Because there are several all-around players in the 9th that could replace some on the list. Just my opinion. But I can see the ones on the list being more attractive at the next level with more "upside" with work. In my opinion, there are a lot of players "bunched up" and you could really have picked out of a hat after about 3-4. And I do agree that you could probably come up with another 10 that would have made other regions list this year. Heck, I almost did!

Top 3 is right on. From 4th on down a lot of questions to answer :

4. Ryle

5. St Henry

6. Notre Dame

7. Cooper

8. Conner

9. Boone

10. NCC

There is no doubt that the 4-10 is highly debatable. Those teams will be razor close for the most part. And, it's girls basketball for that matter....once the games start, they will be impossible to rank in any way that makes sense.

The only problem with your 4-10 is that there is no way I'm ranking Boone below Conner. Put Conner in at 10, and move Boone and NCC up....then I'm fine.

This is very close to what I would have. With Conner possibly anywhere from 7-10 and the top 3 possibly being interchangeable. ND being a team that could trend up or down as the season goes on (depending on a lot of things) and Boone and Ryle with chances to make noise if they get hot at the right time.

Depending on ..... ?

Not that I'm arguing this won't be the case, but what's your thoughts? Cause I know you, of all people, have some 😉

Good player, but there are several good players missing. Heck, one could even make an argument that the two HHS players on the list may not even be the best on the HHS team. Love both those ladies to death and very deserving, but Leigh and Combs could show you their resume and it would make you wonder who is the best on the HHS team. However, that is what makes them dangerous. And I didn't even mention Coffey (who I obviously think is the best by far!). :banana:

I agree...there are several good ones missing. I guess you got to feel for the guy trying to make the top ten player list...what a crazy hard job.

I should probably mention that in the article associated with the preview written by The Cats' Pause, the writer did mention other girls in reference to the top ten player list. They were Newport's Katlyn Hoeh, Beechwood's Macy Stuempel, Bellevue's Kira Ross, and Ludlow's Tori Wofford.

And BTW, for what it's worth, I would have put Coffey on my list:thumb:

There is no doubt that the 4-10 is highly debatable. Those teams will be razor close for the most part. And, it's girls basketball for that matter....once the games start, they will be impossible to rank in any way that makes sense.

The only problem with your 4-10 is that there is no way I'm ranking Boone below Conner. Put Conner in at 10, and move Boone and NCC up....then I'm fine.

I agree!! Conner will lack size this year having Myers graduating. I've seen teams play with a guard loaded lineup & have some success due to faster paced game, however if comes to rebounding & stopping an opponent's big man there's trouble!! Conner needs to prove themselves not only against 9th Region teams, but also there own District teams!! Outside of Hendricks & Gambrel, who do they have?? Frye is good underneath & they'll need her to fill the void left by Myers. Conner has 2 other players I saw at TMC this summer that can potentially step up as both a forward or guard, Vest & Bolter. Both are juniors with 2 yrs of Varsity experience and are very good shooters. Bolter is quick, good ballhandler & has a very nice jumpshot in the lane or behind the 3. For me Conner & Ryle have similar talent (I think both teams are loaded with juniors on the roster), but Ryle has size to their advantage!! For now I'd rank the 33rd:

1. Boone

2. Ryle

3. Cooper

4. Conner

5. Heritage

Boone & Ryle are returning too many seasoned veterans to rank them any lower & for me Cooper could be the sleeper team.

As long as you aren't calling my kid names, I'm okay with it if you are. Feel like you want to call her names, then PM them to me.

The only time I've heard her called a name was what came out of you mouth when she was rumblin down the third base line in her catchers gear to tag out my speedy runner at third!!! Tell her I'm still mad at her for that...and she almost took me out!!!

Anyway, to answer your questions. Most know I like ND's program, so this is not a put down or taking shots, it's what I think. I love me some Haylee Smith and Kennedy Baugh! But when asked, I tell. Also keep in mind, when I look at teams and give my opinion, it's not about how they will do against 85% of the teams they face. It's only about how I think they will do when playing good teams. 85% of the teams on their shedule they won't have any issues with because they are big and physical. They can bully their way to a win. That's not meant to be a bad thing. Wish our team had a little more bully in them!:

I think their main issue will be ball handling. They lost a lot of confident ball handlers last year. And I don't just mean their PG. They had 3-4 very experienced ball handlers that helped with pressure. That's gone and is replaced with a sophomore transfer.

New and young PG. I understand she is pretty good. But, she is transitioning to a new team, she's not the oldest and not the best on the team. And in my opinion doesn't have a ton of help when the pressure is turned way up. So it will be interesting and key for ND to see how she not only handles individual pressure from the Wares, McClendons, Gambrels and Coffey's of the region, but also the high pressure and ever-changing team defenses like Holmes and HHS. Then you also have the Big teams like HC and Ryle. So it will be a challenge adjusting for her...IMO

The loss of Ogle cannot be underestimated. For 3 years, ND never had to worry about the other teams best player. I high school, when you can neutralize the other teams best players, you have a weapon. And there were times they lived off of Ogle's pressure and tip balls for steals and turned them into easy baskets. ND's length because of her and others was ridiculous and very hard to play against. Almost all that length is gone over the last two years and someone has to take over shutting down the other teams best player because they never had to do that before.

I think Depth can be an issue. I think their starting 5 (if they figure out the ball handling thing), can play with anyone. But their depth could be an issue. Can they afford to take players off the court without too much damage.

The last thing is I still think there is a question mark with the new coach. Not a ding on him at all. However, it can be pretty easy to coach when you have a ton of talent. They still have talent and very good athletes, but not as many. The parts aren't as interchangeable and some of the strategies may become tough because of limited studs.

My belief is they will be there in the end and have say in the region. They have several good athletes. I haven't seen the PG play, so I have no idea what to expect with pressure on here. I think ND is filled with good, big 3-5's. But can they win with that?

Unfortunately I think young Hunter is out this season due to a knee injury. I enjoy watching her play.

I heard that, but didn't want to be the one to put it on here. She is fun to watch and I am heartbroken for her. She never played for me, but went threw AAU watching her develop as they played against us.

INJURIES SUCK!...there's no other way to put it!