3. Boone County

4. Notre Dame Academy

5. Holmes

6. Newport Central Catholic

7. Conner

8. Ryle

9. St. Henry

10. Cooper

I saw them early in the year last season, with a new coach and a bunch of sophomores, but you couldn't tell. You could see they were well coached, and had some talent. Nothing against any of the other top teams .. no surprises at the top of the list ... but another year of development in that system, and it would not surprise me one bit to see them snipping nets in March at BOKC.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 10

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them early in the year last season, with a new coach and a bunch of sophomores, but you couldn't tell. You could see they were well coached, and had some talent. Nothing against any of the other top teams .. no surprises at the top of the list ... but another year of development in that system, and it would not surprise me one bit to see them snipping nets in March at BOKC.

Huh!! Im not sure I understand the love affair with Ryle?? I mean based on the game against Holmes... I just dont see it! If it's because they returned a lot of players ok they will possibly be better but that same theory holds true for the other top teams! And that Ryle vs. Holmes game last year was not close!!

Edited by Randy Parker

We can't wait for the Conner Christmas tournament. Both are just tournaments, right?

Hey now...there is a couple of ALL A eligible teams in that Conner tournament. Probably helps make it a bigger deal. I am sure they will have a special trophy, red carpet and parent LaRosa's hospitality room for past ALL A champions Walton Verona and Owensboro Catholic. Don't worry RCC9, I'll tell them you are with me and the H just stands for Happy. :thumb:

Hey now...there is a couple of ALL A eligible teams in that Conner tournament. Probably helps make it a bigger deal. I am sure they will have a special trophy, red carpet and parent LaRosa's hospitality room for past ALL A champions Walton Verona and Owensboro Catholic. Don't worry RCC9, I'll tell them you are with me and the H just stands for Happy. :thumb:

Why in the world would they invite those lil A teams?? They have their own tournament and can't compete with the "big girl" teams anyway!!!

Kidding!!!!! Sevens, You're going to get me in trouble!!!!

Why in the world would they invite those lil A teams?? They have their own tournament and can't compete with the "big girl" teams anyway!!!

Kidding!!!!! Sevens, You're going to get me in trouble!!!!

Don't think you need much help. You seem to do pretty good on your own.

If we were in Vegas, and I could get long odds on the Ryle Lady Raiders, I'd load up on them!!

Agree with you on this...the future is now for the Lady Raiders...last year brought a new coach, new offense and 4 soph starters. They have the ability to be standing tall at the end of this race, literally. Depending on game situation, Ryle can put a front court of 6'0, 6'1, and 6'2 on the floor along with solid guard play and one magic word .."Chemistry"

Agree with you on this...the future is now for the Lady Raiders...last year brought a new coach, new offense and 4 soph starters. They have the ability to be standing tall at the end of this race, literally. Depending on game situation, Ryle can put a front court of 6'0, 6'1, and 6'2 on the floor along with solid guard play and one magic word .."Chemistry"

Definitely all the tools! I agree that their time is now. It's the same thing I've told my daughter (JR), there are no more free passes for being considered young. Those days are over and it's time to take full control of your season.

How is the Neace girl from St. Henry not better than the 10th rated player in the region? Did she not land a Division 1 scholly?

Interesting Point , how many girls on the list landed D1 scholarships ?

Region's Top 10 Players

1. Alexis Switzer Sr. Boone County

2. Deja Turner Sr. Holy Cross

3. Liza Tibbs Sr. Dixie Heights

4. Haylee Smith Sr Notre Dame Academy

5. Michaela Ware Sr. Newport Central Catholic

6. Ally Mayhause Sr. Holy Cross

7. Lydia Graves Sr. Highlands

8. Briana Adler Jr. Highlands

9. Carly Lange Jr. Ryle

10. Savannah Neace Sr. St. Henry

If Ryle can play smart & mature, then they will be one of the Top teams in 9th Region. They have all the tools its just a matter of consistency for them. Any of their starters can pose a real problem for teams simply because you can't focus on just one player. They have plenty of talent that can burn you!! Boone also has more than 1 talented player that can hurt teams. I don't hear anyone talking about Ford, but when she's on fire it is lights out!!! I have to see Holmes in action this year for me to rank them. I wasn't impressed last year & I know everyone talks big but I have to see it to believe it!!! Holy Cross has a talented team & from what I saw last year deserves the praise!!!

If Ryle can play smart & mature, then they will be one of the Top teams in 9th Region. They have all the tools its just a matter of consistency for them. Any of their starters can pose a real problem for teams simply because you can't focus on just one player. They have plenty of talent that can burn you!! Boone also has more than 1 talented player that can hurt teams. I don't hear anyone talking about Ford, but when she's on fire it is lights out!!! I have to see Holmes in action this year for me to rank them. I wasn't impressed last year & I know everyone talks big but I have to see it to believe it!!! Holy Cross has a talented team & from what I saw last year deserves the praise!!!

Ford, Moore and McGarr for Boone can hurt you if they're given the opportunity.

One glaring miss for me on the list is McClendon of Holy Cross. Girl can flat out play.

Ford, Moore and McGarr for Boone can hurt you if they're given the opportunity.

One glaring miss for me on the list is McClendon of Holy Cross. Girl can flat out play.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! Both Boone & Ryle have too many returning veterans with talent to not be included as a top team!! I give Boone the preseason edge over Ryle due to Coach Fookes, but everyone knows Ryle could bump them early on if they play to their potential.

I am sure there are many other talented players like McClendon missing from list simply because too many not familiar with all the names outside the "headliners"!! It won't take long for players like McClendon to get their names out there!! Maybe someone should start a thread of the Top 10 talented "no names"/hidden talent to watch for?!?

I don't know enough about 9th region girls to say who is top 10. I'll say this. If there are 10 better players than McClendon then the 9th is extremely talented.

How is the Neace girl from St. Henry not better than the 10th rated player in the region? Did she not land a Division 1 scholly?

Okay, who would you put her in front of? AND I can still think of a lot of other players that aren't on the list that could very easily be on the list. Tell me her attributes and then compare them to the ones in front of her the girls I listed and tell me where you think she belongs. Take in the full scope of basketball skills. Forget about the scholly for a minute.

(and btw, completely for got to add Dejah McClendon)