9th Region/Wilson Sears Final

How many parochial schools are left in the quest for the Sweet Sixteen ? From the Post this morning I can only make out three Covcath , Newcath and Louisville Desales . I think the 9th Championship will be a competitive game but I see Covcath winning .

How many parochial schools are left in the quest for the Sweet Sixteen ? From the Post this morning I can only make out three Covcath,Newcath and Louisville Desales . I think the 9th Championship will be a competitive game but I see Covcath winning .

Just those 3.

So a max of two regions will be won by private schools---- UNFAIR ADVANTAGE--You must legislate to break them up!!:D

It looks like to me that either CovCath or NewCath will be the only Catholic or Private school attending the Sweet Sixteen this year, on the boys side.

So one out of 16 isn't an unfair number, or is it Mr Sears? I know what Region you won't be rooting for...

It looks like to me that either CovCath or NewCath will be the only Catholic or Private school attending the Sweet Sixteen this year, on the boys side.

So one out of 16 isn't an unfair number, or is it Mr Sears? I know what Region you won't be rooting for...

If the 9th wins just one game at Rupp, then the advantage is clear and recruiting is the only answer.:sssh:

^^Lol. On a side note... I heard the other day in pre-cal, that only 1 private school has won a state championship in the past 31 years (basketball). :scared: :scared: How about that for an advantage. BTW, I believe the school that did it was LexCath.

^^Lol. On a side note... I heard the other day in pre-cal, that only 1 private school has won a state championship in the past 31 years (basketball). :scared: :scared: How about that for an advantage. BTW, I believe the school that did it was LexCath.

Once in 30 years--Cheaters--Throw 'em out!! :D

Lex Cath won it in 2002 with 3 sophomores in the starting lineup. They never made it back to Rupp, though.

University Heights won it all in '92 - I think they are a small public school, though.

St. Xavier won it all in 1962.