2014 deer season

dd734

Agree, it would have been super cool to have wild parrots here in KY.

I have read that KY does have a species of non-native parrot that has established breeding populations -- the name escapes me. I have never saw one though.

Monk Parrots I believe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't disagree. But has there been species that have been taken out by farmers because of the issues with crop/livestock depletion? I ask out of ignorance.

Yes. Actually deer were out of Kentucky for until they were repopulated in the 20th century. It is very likely that wolves...the Red Wolf especially, will be extinct in the near future as Bureau of Land Management is catering to ranchers and farmers and allowing extensive organized and compensated wolf hunts in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. The same issues occur globally with loss of habitat for large species.

I hate leaving a world for our grandchildren where there is little natural wildlife left.

Yes. Actually deer were out of Kentucky for until they were repopulated in the 20th century. It is very likely that wolves...the Red Wolf especially, will be extinct in the near future as Bureau of Land Management is catering to ranchers and farmers and allowing extensive organized and compensated wolf hunts in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. The same issues occur globally with loss of habitat for large species.

I hate leaving a world for our grandchildren where there is little natural wildlife left.

The Red Wolf's range isn't anywhere near Idaho, Wyoming or Montana. How would wolf hunts in those states affect it?

The Red Wolf's range isn't anywhere near Idaho, Wyoming or Montana. How would wolf hunts in those states affect it?

You are correct....and my post was confusing.

Red Wolves which are/were present in the southeast are almost extinct...only several hundered left, and the Fish and Wildlife Service is on the fence regarding its recovery program. BTW, they were hunted to near extinction.

The Idaho wolves are Gray for the most part. Good news is a judge in Wyoming overruled the FWS delisting of the wolves as a protected species which stops the government sponsored "killing contests".

But I have taken us off the track of deer season....sorry.

You are correct....and my post was confusing.

Red Wolves which are/were present in the southeast are almost extinct...only several hundered left, and the Fish and Wildlife Service is on the fence regarding its recovery program. BTW, they were hunted to near extinction.

The Idaho wolves are Gray for the most part. Good news is a judge in Wyoming overruled the FWS delisting of the wolves as a protected species which stops the government sponsored "killing contests".

But I have taken us off the track of deer season....sorry.

It was very twotoplace of you.

I don't know. I'm pretty particular about who I share my nuts with. :banana:

Went down to the farm this weekend. I realized I don't need your nuts. Place is loaded with them this year. Have pics of a couple of nice 8 pointers. nothing huge. Dropped a couple kernels of corn and sprinkled some salt while I was there.

My son, this morning, 8:30, 35 yards. Took this pic from the video, and enlarged it. No shot, stand on other side of the tree. I know it's not very clear, but I think you can see enough to know what kind of deer it is. He is sick!!!!!!!

buck big 17.JPG

My son, this morning, 8:30, 35 yards. Took this pic from the video, and enlarged it. No shot, stand on other side of the tree. I know it's not very clear, but I think you can see enough to know what kind of deer it is. He is sick!!!!!!!

Wow! Freaking Monster.