Paris 49 Harrison Co. 42

The call for the illegal screen was a good call. The player setting the screen had her arms crossed her chest and pushed them forward with enough impact to knock the other player down. The technical did not determine the outcome of the game only because she missed the throws. We Paris inbounded the ball Paris did push off bigtime which was another good call. Harrison missed the throws and that was pretty much the game.

I'm another observer with no dog in this fight.

While it's true that the technical didn't affect the outcome on two obvious levels (a: the free throws were missed, and b: the ensuing Paris foul gave the ball back to Harrison with no time coming off the clock - and for the record, the illegal screen against Harrison and the push-off against Paris were both good calls); here's my take on the "not-so-obvious".

After the technical, the Fillies were ALL standing around almost in a state of shock. Their body language told me (and maybe only me) that the Fillies were thinking that the game was over.

And while Paris deserved to win by outscoring Harrison 17-5 after being down 37-32, Harrison's missing five free throws with the game on the line didn't help their cause.

No I wasn't at the game, but from a coaching standpoint I just don't see how you can let that happen. Obiviously from all reports it didn't effect the game on the scoreboard but as mcpapa said it had to have a psychological effect on the girls.

No I wasn't at the game, but from a coaching standpoint I just don't see how you can let that happen. Obiviously from all reports it didn't effect the game on the scoreboard but as mcpapa said it had to have a psychological effect on the girls.

I was at the game, and trust me... those girls all looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights when the T occurred.

This was a fun game to watch; both teams played hard - Paris stepped up at crunch time. A tough way for Faulkner to go out after a great career because it looked like the Fillies were on their way to the semis for much of the second half.