Hammer dropped on Cordia

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! Plus being a former Cat. I don't care what college you went to, UK, UL or any of the others, you don't want to offend your fan base, even being a former athlete.

Based on the reaction on Twitter, it seems that most folks are taking Hood's side on those comments.

As with many, well most, well all but one or two, on this board I knew this would happen, they didn't seem to care and basically did this out in the open. I do not see how anyone can defend them at all! I could see if there were just a few infractions, but with this many? They didn't care!

Like many on here, I don't like all of the rules, as many of the rules do not make one bit of sense at all. First I will say what I have said for the longest time on here, I believe the KHSAA should allow one free transfer after you start your freshman year, no questions asked! If you decide to transfer a second time, then the KHSAA would have to approve it. Cali used to do it that way, they may still do it, and it's one reason schools like Mater Dei got good transfers every year.

But with what Cordia did, to that extent, if most of those rules that they broke didn't apply, I could help at least one school become a powerhouse that very well could be almost unbeatable, with my connections to FIBA and many of the national basketball organizations in Europe. I would welcome some changes! And we would win! Cordia did all this and really had nothing to show for it?

BUT, one thing I would make sure of, that the kids got an education as well, tutors or anything they need to help them get a good education, as many teams and schools in the U.S. treat these kids like trash, and just use the, can you recall the fiasco in WVA a few years ago with that fake prep school? Some of you may remember a kid from Serbia about 3 years ago who was supposed to be on my AAU team, as well as possibly transferring to Huntington Prep. He couldn't play for either of us, as the Christian prep school that he attended in North Carolina messed him up, they didn't have any transcripts for him, he just sat in on all of the classes and was never graded, and they didn't give him any attention such as tutors to help him, yet they allowed him to play basketball! They somehow messed up his visa as well. I could NEVER do that to a kid! The reason I bring this up is I do not thing Cordia had the kids best interest front and center, if they did, they would have at least tried to cover some of this up, as well as make sure the players got the tutoring needed. Now what are those kids going to do? Thankfully the KHSAA did the correct thing in allowing all remaining kids to transfer without penalty, and that they cone continue on with their lives, education and their dream of playing basketball at a higher level.

Without me knowing what the KHSAA knew at that point it is hard for me to be able to form an opinion one way or another. I'm still thinking that they wanted to make sure they had airtight info before they dropped the hammer.
Maybe, but I don't think it had to be airtight. Even a well placed thought that the KHSAA was investigating them, one trip to the school by officials and IMO a lot of this stuff would have stopped. I know it's hindsight, but I hate that some of the fallout hurts other kids not part of Cordia.

Based on the reaction on Twitter, it seems that most folks are taking Hood's side on those comments.

Yeah, Hick's rubs a lo of people the wrong way. I have had any conversations with him and ran into him many ore times, I like the guy.

But, as to Hoods posts, even though most people, at least on twitter, are taking Hood's side, what about Scott Co fans? I am talking about Hood's image, not if he said something that is popular. I am sure Hood has, well at least had fans, from Scott Co.. I would think a former player would want to keep it that way.

Yeah, Hick's rubs a lo of people the wrong way. I have had any conversations with him and ran into him many ore times, I like the guy.

But, as to Hoods posts, even though most people, at least on twitter, are taking Hood's side, what about Scott Co fans? I am talking about Hood's image, not if he said something that is popular. I am sure Hood has, well at least had fans, from Scott Co.. I would think a former player would want to keep it that way.

I'm not sure why he decided to publicly roll with that. He has almost 35,000 followers and he didn't delete the Tweets. So he's standing by his comments.

Jon Hood ‏@jonnylightning

As for the mountains, I didn't see Elliot County or Shelby Valley recruiting back when they were demolishing teams.

Elliott didn't recruit but they did reap the benefits of three transfers....

Nothing shady about it but it happened.

Who were they?

Maynard and the Knipps. Nothing wrong with it but they were transfers. Knipps came earlier than Maynard did. Like I said nothing wrong with what happened there but it did help a lot.