Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ 20 years later Guilty or Not Guilty

Was/Is OJ Guilty 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Was/Is OJ Guilty

    • I thought he was guilty then and still do
      98%
    • I thought he was innocent then but now think he was guilty
      0%
      0
    • I thought he was innocent then and still do
      1%
    • I thought he was guilty then but now think he was innocent
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thought that he was guilty then and still do.

 

To solidify this even if there was a hair of a doubt (which there wasn't), he showed his character and downright stupidity and lack of judgement by getting busted years later by entering a hotel in Vegas with a gun to go rip off some of his memorabilia that someone ripped off of him. (I believe that's how the story goes).

 

Dumber than that was the If I Did It book he wrote.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no doubt then and none now that he was there when the murders happened. I have always felt like he had an accomplice. No way he inflicts the damage he did on those people by himself. Both of them were almost decapitated.

20 years ago this week Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered. 4 days later US Icon OJ Simpson was arrested after the most memorable police chase in history.

 

CNN is airing a special tonight on the Crime/Trial of the Century at 9p.m.

 

So looking back, did he do it?

 

 

 

Seriously???

 

That jury was never going to convict him of the crime.

 

Oswald killed Kennedy and he did it alone. OJ killed Nicole and Ron and he acted alone. No conspiracies, just twisted men.

 

Read about that trial and you will see the mountain of evidence the prosecution had. Yes, they made mistakes during the trial but the jury's minds were already polluted prior to the trial. They could have never gotten a 12-0 verdict for guilty.

Civil Case didn't have all of the Bull that the Legal case did, plus he was forced to testify in the Civil Case.

 

I get the different standards of evidence and all that. I'm more saying that in my opinion, if you are found not guilty of the capital crime it should basically extend to being civilly tried for the same crime. Or something like that. I know there'd be a bunch of gray areas that an umbrella statement like that would cover too much, but this isn't the same as say a maintenance worker being found not guilty of manslaughter when a bus crashes that wasn't properly maintained but the company was found to be liable in civil court. He either killed them, or he didn't. And he was found not guilty. The only way he could be liable in this situation is if he killed them. A crime he was found not guilty of. It just never passed the smell test to me.

 

But I reiterate that I think he did it.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's thought of this, but the thing that stood out to me from day one is if he was innocent then why did he let the chase in his Ford Bronco go on for so long?

 

Innocent people in murders don't typically run because they'd want to cooperate to help the cops hurry up and find out who the real murderer is.

 

Someone kills your girlfriend, don't you think most would want to find out who did it and help the cops all they can to figure out who?

 

If he didn't do it, how did he know why they were chasing him, or even that a murder had taken place unless he heard it on the car radio, and if so, if he had nothing to hide, why would he keep running?

 

None of that made any sense to me.

 

At that point his mind wasn't pondering the long drawn out high profile trial that was to come, because all he was thinking was that he had just killed two people, and the cops were going after him to bust him for it, and he was hoping that somehow he could escape and go into hiding to avoid inevitably being arrested. In his panic he knew that he was doomed, but just didn't want to face it, and tried putting off having to.

You have to keep in mind how the DNA evidence was discredited in this trial. Would be an easier case to convict if it happened today. Forensics at that level were relatively new in the 90s and were easily questioned by the defense.

 

In any case OJ is guilty.

Can you imagine how this would have all played out on social media? Wow.

Can you imagine how this would have all played out on social media? Wow.

 

The faux Twitter accounts would have been priceless.

  • Author
The faux Twitter accounts would have been priceless.

 

I have a Faux "OJ's Legal Pad" it's pretty funny. Full of doodles and comments about the trial participants.

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

I was pretty young still when it went down, but I remember watching the chase on TV for what seemed like hours.

  • Author

I'm kinda shocked that no one thought he was innocent back then. This was a pretty divisive case back then with strong feelings both ways.

 

When the reports came out that they had issued a warrant for him and that he was currently a fugitive from justice, I thought there's no way he did this. Then when it got to trial I felt he was guilty but I have friends to this day that think he was set up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.