Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ 20 years later Guilty or Not Guilty

Was/Is OJ Guilty 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Was/Is OJ Guilty

    • I thought he was guilty then and still do
      98%
    • I thought he was innocent then but now think he was guilty
      0%
      0
    • I thought he was innocent then and still do
      1%
    • I thought he was guilty then but now think he was innocent
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My best friend was SO happy when he was found not guilty. We were on the phone talking when the verdict was read and she was screaming with joy. I was so mad I hung up on her! LOL I think I'll send her a message and see if she still feels the same way. I'll report back.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guilty as can be. A little tid bit about the trial, my moms cousin was the DNA expert for. The FBI who testified in the trial. He said then and has always said he has no doubt in his mind and his expert opinion is that the DNA found at the crime scene etc. was OJ's DNA. he was guilty as can be but the prosecution screwed the case up.

My best friend was SO happy when he was found not guilty. We were on the phone talking when the verdict was read and she was screaming with joy. I was so mad I hung up on her! LOL I think I'll send her a message and see if she still feels the same way. I'll report back.

 

Surprise! Surprise! My friend no longer thinks O.J. was innocent.

Guilty without question. However, the Not Guilty verdict was the appropriate verdict based on the trial.

The irony is that OJ was never a big supporter of the black community and causes and they still supported him.

Not guilty. I'll never believe he was guilty. I think he may have hired someone or some people or he knows what happened but I don't think he committed the murders himself.

  • Author
Not guilty. I'll never believe he was guilty. I think he may have hired someone or some people or he knows what happened but I don't think he committed the murders himself.

 

I think he was guilty but I didn't until the trial, BUT I think what you are saying could be close to the truth as well.

 

OJ hit the perfect storm in court, inept prosecutors, inept judge and as stated many times a "Dream Team" of defense council.

The irony is that OJ was never a big supporter of the black community and causes and they still supported him.

 

Two reasons why:

 

During that time frame the black community had zero trust in the LAPD.

 

Black people accused of murdering two white people likely are tried and convicted in much quicker fashion than OJ. Black people wanted to see OJ win because he had the money to pay for a top notch defense team.

 

 

The largest dynamic in this case wasn't if OJ did it, it was black man against the white man's system. When OJ got off black people rejoiced not because he was wrongly accused but because his acquittal validated decade long claims from blacks about an unfair judicial system. Huge victory for black people that day.

Can you imagine how BGP would have blown up over this trial, it would have dwarfed the Zimmerman trial.

 

I read this a bit ago, but it seems relevant here. We as a country have gotten much more divided along racial and partisan lines since the 80s and 90s. These numbers stand out here:

 

gz.JPG

 

Obviously the cases were hugely different, but the rest of the article sort of bears out the results.

 

Republicans and Democrats are more divided on race today than in 1985 - Vox

oj.JPG

  • Author
I read this a bit ago, but it seems relevant here. We as a country have gotten much more divided along racial and partisan lines since the 80s and 90s. These numbers stand out here:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45343[/ATTACH]

 

Obviously the cases were hugely different, but the rest of the article sort of bears out the results.

 

Republicans and Democrats are more divided on race today than in 1985 - Vox

 

I read an article a few years ago maybe on the 15th anniversary of the murders that said the Simpson Trial was one of the most racially divisive events of the last 100 years and did more to set race relations back than anything since the 50's and 60's.

 

Point was that while the majority of Americans saw the trial for what it was, the extremist on both sides used it as a tool of division and a rallying cry for those they tried to influence.

Two reasons why:

 

During that time frame the black community had zero trust in the LAPD.

 

Black people accused of murdering two white people likely are tried and convicted in much quicker fashion than OJ. Black people wanted to see OJ win because he had the money to pay for a top notch defense team.

 

 

The largest dynamic in this case wasn't if OJ did it, it was black man against the white man's system. When OJ got off black people rejoiced not because he was wrongly accused but because his acquittal validated decade long claims from blacks about an unfair judicial system. Huge victory for black people that day.

 

I can buy that but it went further. My cousin worked for the gov't in DC. She was interviewed coming out of work about the verdict, as were a number of co-workers of many races. She made it on tv with her quote, "A guilty man went free." Simple quote that ostracized her from her black co-workers. So, it wasn't just getting one over on the man. A polarizing topic for sure.

I read an article a few years ago maybe on the 15th anniversary of the murders that said the Simpson Trial was one of the most racially divisive events of the last 100 years and did more to set race relations back than anything since the 50's and 60's.

 

Point was that while the majority of Americans saw the trial for what it was, the extremist on both sides used it as a tool of division and a rallying cry for those they tried to influence.

 

It might have been. I don't really remember much from back then. I just thought those poll numbers were interesting, especially how there didn't seem to be much of a partisan split on race issues and now there is a large one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.