Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ 20 years later Guilty or Not Guilty

Was/Is OJ Guilty 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Was/Is OJ Guilty

    • I thought he was guilty then and still do
      98%
    • I thought he was innocent then but now think he was guilty
      0%
      0
    • I thought he was innocent then and still do
      1%
    • I thought he was guilty then but now think he was innocent
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Funny, and maybe it's already been stated, I know some felt this was a racial victory of some sort and I guess it was, but I always thought of it as "if you can afford the defense, you gotta shot".

  • Replies 107
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny, and maybe it's already been stated, I know some felt this was a racial victory of some sort and I guess it was, but I always thought of it as "if you can afford the defense, you gotta shot".

 

It was that too. When you look at all of the blacks that have lost to the system how many had the money to fight the system? OJ. That was it at the time. Blacks were happy to see that money buys freedom. The blueprint was made that day.

It was that too. When you look at all of the blacks that have lost to the system how many had the money to fight the system? OJ. That was it at the time. Blacks were happy to see that money buys freedom. The blueprint was made that day.

 

I see your point. I guess I never really looked at it racially to be honest as ignorant as that may have been. I think it takes money to have a shot at it. He had it.

The OJ verdict really bothered me and I think it's because it followed so closely on the MEL IGNATOW AQUITTAL. I followed the local trial closely and the OJ farce just struck too close to that nerve.

I see your point. I guess I never really looked at it racially to be honest as ignorant as that may have been. I think it takes money to have a shot at it. He had it.

 

Agreed. It kind of ruined the "it's because I'm black" theory and made it the "it's because I am broke" theory.

Rumor was that it was actually his son's blood but DNA back then had it as a match to OJ...he did it though IMO. Even though at the time I didn't want to think that he did. The shoe prints, the blood in the Bronco, blood at the scene, bloody glove found outside of his house...he did it but Prosecution botched it all.

 

Det Furman got crushed because he had used that famous bad word and once that was proven everything else he said was totally disregarded by the jury...F. Lee Bailey owned him on the stand

 

That's not the only reason. We had to research this case for Criminal Law in law school. He got crushed b/c he was a complete moron in this investigation. Furman had responded to a previous dispute b/n Brown and Simpson a couple of years earlier and was seen to have a bias against Simpson. Before that, he had a ride along w/ a Hollywood producer who was researching police work for a pilot. Furman blabbered about how cops would set guys up that they "knew" were bad guys. Then he dropped the N-bomb throughout the interview. He was seen as a liability in the investigation. So, what did he do? He went to question OJ, and WITHOUT a warrant, jumped his privacy fence and magically found damning evidence. Additionally, the blood that he found on the Bronco easily led to reasonable doubt when it was found that a blood sample of Simpson's was missing part of the sample. Guess who had that sample in their possession? The LAPD. They screwed this whole thing up, and Furman was at the lead of it. Chain of custody, I'm sure, is drilled into the head's of every cadet now due to this case.

That's not the only reason. We had to research this case for Criminal Law in law school. He got crushed b/c he was a complete moron in this investigation. Furman had responded to a previous dispute b/n Brown and Simpson a couple of years earlier and was seen to have a bias against Simpson. Before that, he had a ride along w/ a Hollywood producer who was researching police work for a pilot. Furman blabbered about how cops would set guys up that they "knew" were bad guys. Then he dropped the N-bomb throughout the interview. He was seen as a liability in the investigation. So, what did he do? He went to question OJ, and WITHOUT a warrant, jumped his privacy fence and magically found damning evidence. Additionally, the blood that he found on the Bronco easily led to reasonable doubt when it was found that a blood sample of Simpson's was missing part of the sample. Guess who had that sample in their possession? The LAPD. They screwed this whole thing up, and Furman was at the lead of it. Chain of custody, I'm sure, is drilled into the head's of every cadet now due to this case.

 

 

Reminds me of this.

 

 

[video=youtube_share;De-A4SWJDUY]http://youtu.be/De-A4SWJDUY

 

 

 

As a black dude, Dave Chappelle nailed it for the black community in this one.

  • Author

^That's what I meant...F Lee hammered him with all of that on the stand

I believed he was 100% guilty then and my mind hasn't changed since. Total travesty of justice that he was allowed to go free after committing a double murder. Vincent Bugliosi wrote a great book about this case. If he had been in charge I believe there would have been a different verdict.

  • Author
Duly noted. Doesn't change anything for me. I'm still glad OJ beat the system and was acquitted.

 

I understand that, but you really think he was innocent?

I understand that, but you really think he was innocent?

 

I have no problem with someone who actually thinks he didn't do it. Now, I find it hard to believe that someone might think that, as I surely think he was guilty, but some may see it that way. What gets me is the fact that some celebrate supposed "social justice" (a term I very much dislike) trumped actual justice. A lot of people who celebrate a "social justice" victory think he is guilty or very well could have done it, but don't care. Personally I have a very very hard time with that.

I understand that, but you really think he was innocent?

 

 

I don't think he killed both of them all by himself. I have a hard time believing he would have been able to kill both of them all alone with just a knife.

 

Was the murder weapon ever recovered? I can't remember all of the details of the case. I remember basic things like the bloody glove and Mark Fuhrman. I can't remember anything about the DNA evidence or if the weapon was found, alibis, etc.

I don't think he killed both of them all by himself. I have a hard time believing he would have been able to kill both of them all alone with just a knife.

 

Was the murder weapon ever recovered? I can't remember all of the details of the case. I remember basic things like the bloody glove and Mark Fuhrman. I can't remember anything about the DNA evidence or if the weapon was found, alibis, etc.

 

One of the news shows had a special on the trial the other night. There was at least one witness who saw him "hurriedly" throwing stuff away out of a travel bag and into a trash receptacle at the airport the night of the murders, but the witness(s) was not called by the prosecution to the stand. There is a theory that he disposed of evidence related to the murders in that trash can. Guess we will never know.

 

The show on the trail was interesting and really highlighted how "arrogant" the prosecution team was and just didn't think they needed much help getting a conviction and disregarded a lot of stuff that would have, in hindsight, help them tremendously. One of the people they interviewed, a lawyer I believe, made the comment that in a murder case, there is no way you can have too much evidence and you use everything you have. They didn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.