Reds @ Dodgers (May 26 - 28)

Who is dismissing April & May? I'm sure as hell not.

My point was that the next 30 games are going to be crucial in determining whether the Reds are buyers or sellers. If they continue to struggle, they might as well sell some of their assets & start building towards 2015. If they rattle off a bunch of wins, then they're right back in the thick of things.

Man. I hate selling off pitching. It's all they have

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals are on a stretch of 19 out of 22 home games so I thought they would get it going. The second Wild Card will be in the mix into September for a number of teams. The Reds are home almost all of July it seems so hopefully they aren't too far back by then and Votto is back and normal (or as normal as Votto can be).

I always thought they were slow to bring guys up. John Fay mentioned Diaz has under a 2 ERA for the second year in a row and when he asked Price if they thought about bringing him up for the pitiful bullpen, Price said "we aren't desparate yet". The Red's have a few bullpen guys that are having terrible years to date and if Diaz is under a 2 ERA then he needs to be up here.

I'm more concerned about position players. Seems to be non existent.

Something has to give. Why would we think this roster would be much different next season either? Seriously, who's gone? Ludwick? BP? One of the starting pitchers? Who? So, how can we expect much different when you trot guys out there that have a history of poop?

Minus Sam, the best Red.

Lecure is under team control for several more seasons, so it'll be interesting to see if the Reds shop him or not. Aside from Chapman, Lecure would probably draw the most interest; however, I think the Reds see him in their long-term plans.

Simon is no spring chicken. Need to get all you can for him if this season remains on the track to Hades. Even if that means prospects with promise, gotta start somewhere.

Reds picked up Simon after he was released. If you can get a couple productive years out of him (which they already have), then trade him to re-stock the farm system, that's a great deal.

Reds picked up Simon after he was released. If you can get a couple productive years out of him (which they already have), then trade him to re-stock the farm system, that's a great deal.
I think this organization will be able to see if Walt is worth a poop sooner than later.