Bengals select Darqueze Dennard 24th overall

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously love the pick. What would make this draft a A+ for me is if somehow they were able to get Derrick Carr in the 2nd round, whether it be through a trade or not.

Agreed I would love to have him, however I think he will end up in Houston like his brother. I see them taking him to start the 2nd round. I just hope the Bengals can get one of these three guys AJ McCarron, Murray, or the LSU QB at least two of them should still be around come the third round.

Like everyone else says, this is a great pick. Hopefully Kirkpatrick turns the corner and starts playing like the 1st round pick he is. I would not take the LSU QB at all. He failed a drug test at the combine and has been flagged by the NFL folks with injury concerns.

2d round pick will probably be an OL. They need some help there.

I don't see what purpose he'd serve...

Takes Green Ellis' place, and is much more dynamic.... Hyde and Bernard out of the backfield are two totally opposite type runners. Would allow you to do a lot.

Takes Green Ellis' place' date=' and is much more dynamic.... Hyde and Bernard out of the backfield are two totally opposite type runners. Would allow you to do a lot.[/quote']

A more powerful Ellis who has legs left. I think CLE will make a move for him.

Takes Green Ellis' place, and is much more dynamic.... Hyde and Bernard out of the backfield are two totally opposite type runners. Would allow you to do a lot.

I was discussing that with my son last night. Hyde would be huge here and more effective than Benjarvis green-Ellis

There are a lot of Carlos Hyde fans on the Bengals message board pushing for him. I have to admit. The idea is growing on me...

You have to realize the only reason there is so much love for him on the Bengals MB is because he is from Ohio State, that is the sole reason period. One thing I've learned about most of the people over there is the fact that if you play for OSU then you are automatically one of the best players at whatever position you play.

I was discussing that with my son last night. Hyde would be huge here and more effective than Benjarvis green-Ellis

They have a lot more pressing needs than a RB who will be a part of a RB tandem IMO. I think they could potentially have a guy like Tre Mason available to them in the 3rd or 4th, I just don't see the need. BJGE isn't great, but when you pair him with Gio, he's more than adequate IMO.

They have a lot more pressing needs than a RB who will be a part of a RB tandem IMO. I think they could potentially have a guy like Tre Mason available to them in the 3rd or 4th, I just don't see the need. BJGE isn't great, but when you pair him with Gio, he's more than adequate IMO.

I agree with you that they have bigger needs. You know me, I think a QB is much more important as well as a DE, OLB and safety, but if it gets to best available when it's their pick I wouldn't be upset with Hyde if he was available. I don't think he will be though. Even though no RB went in round 1 I could see 2 or 3 going in rd 2.

My uneducated guess is the Bengals take a LB (preferably the cat from BYU if he somehow is still on the board) in the 2nd round.

This would make way too much sense. Therefore I don't see it happening. Thankfully as good as Burfict is he makes up for the other LB shortcomings. They'd be that much better on defense with a good LB compliment inside.