Jabari Parker enters the NBA Draft

BuddySugarDavis

What was his quote on UK and one and dones, how it was a bad fit for him?

Here is the quote... a little hypocritical there Jabari

“I think in college they give you a chance to really mature, form yourself and build relationships. I think that’s what a team is all about, and when you build relationships, it shows on the court and that brings out success. I love the whole attitude of staying in college to take advantage of a free education. I just felt like Kentucky wasn’t a fit for me. The whole attitude and approach of the one-and-dones, that’s good for them, that’s their decision. But I think [Duke] Coach [Mike Krzyzewski] is a guru of basketball. I want to learn from one of the best.”

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Money. All its about. To be fair I cant blame him, but that's all it is.

May be the case. I'd have to say if this was a UK player that said something like this and then did the opposite of what he said he'd be getting crushed about it. But yes, it is all about the money, and the best decision as well.

May be the case. I'd have to say if this was a UK player that said something like this and then did the opposite of what he said he'd be getting crushed about it. But yes, it is all about the money, and the best decision as well.

Not everyone is out to get UK man. Duke is under the same microscope as UK.

Not everyone is out to get UK man. Duke is under the same microscope as UK.

Not saying they are out to get them, but certain things bring a lot more attention for one program, person, etc than others. Coach K with Maggette and the boys for example. Let's be honest, there are a ton of Duke/UNC/ACC guys at ESPN and ignore things like this about them. I mean, UNC basically has had a huge academic scandal going on for how long now and we barely hear about it, almost not a peep from ESPN especially...

At the beginning of the season, I thought Parker was way overhyped and that Wiggins would have the kind of year that made everyone realize that he was the better prospect. Not the best way to state how the year actually went, though I do think Wiggins is a better pro prospect in terms of his ceiling.

I think Parker will be a really solid #2/3 player in the league for a really long time if he lands on a solid team, or he'll be a well-rounded, "co-star" type on a bad one before he eventually bolts to somewhere where he can be effective via free agency (if the team who drafts him doesn't look promising in terms of future progress). He seems to be a solid guy who wants to win, so I think that he'll be someone who finds his way onto a solid team given time.

In my mind, the only thing that really holds him back is his lack of elite, NBA-level athleticism. I say this looking at the way he struggled to get all the way to the rim in college, his lack of a quick first step to create separation, and the way it seemed as though he'd struggle to defend wings at the next level but is definitely too small to defend the 4/5.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Parker was way overhyped and that Wiggins would have the kind of year that made everyone realize that he was the better prospect. Not the best way to state how the year actually went, though I do think Wiggins is a better pro prospect in terms of his ceiling.

I think Parker will be a really solid #2/3 player in the league for a really long time if he lands on a solid team, or he'll be a well-rounded, "co-star" type on a bad one before he eventually bolts to somewhere where he can be effective via free agency (if the team who drafts him doesn't look promising in terms of future progress). He seems to be a solid guy who wants to win, so I think that he'll be someone who finds his way onto a solid team given time.

In my mind, the only thing that really holds him back is his lack of elite, NBA-level athleticism. I say this looking at the way he struggled to get all the way to the rim in college, his lack of a quick first step to create separation, and the way it seemed as though he'd struggle to defend wings at the next level but is definitely too small to defend the 4/5.

I thought he was under hyped myself. All we heard about was Wiggins. Nobody ever really talked about Jabari. Even after he out played Wiggins in the All Star games. It was still all about Wiggins.

I thought he was under hyped myself. All we heard about was Wiggins. Nobody ever really talked about Jabari. Even after he out played Wiggins in the All Star games. It was still all about Wiggins.

Agreed. Seems like once Wiggins reclassified, he dominated the conversation. Parker was clearly the best freshman in the country.

It's a no-brainer for me to take Parker if my team has the #1 pick.

Agreed. Seems like once Wiggins reclassified, he dominated the conversation. Parker was clearly the best freshman in the country.

It's a no-brainer for me to take Parker if my team has the #1 pick.

Same here. I don't think he'll have a problem scoring in the NBA once he gets his feet wet.

Sports Illustrated had him on a cover feature calling him the best high school player since LeBron.

131112092319-jabari-parker-cover-single-image-cut.jpg