Jabari Parker enters the NBA Draft

BuddySugarDavis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Parker SI story came out in May of 2012, which was prior to Wiggins reclassifying. Once the Wiggins reclassification deal became a topic of discussion, he became the more hyped of the two.

Gotcha. I always remember Wiggins being hyped. It wasn't until Jabari committed to Duke that I began to look into him. I hate I missed that SI article.

Gotcha. I always remember Wiggins being hyped. It wasn't until Jabari committed to Duke that I began to look into him. I hate I missed that SI article.

I think they both will have good NBA careers, but I can't imagine either of them coming close to what LeBron has accomplished.

The Parker SI story came out in May of 2012, which was prior to Wiggins reclassifying. Once the Wiggins reclassification deal became a topic of discussion, he became the more hyped of the two.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. I think I was confused about when Wiggins actually reclassified. I do think he was rumored to be reclassifying for awhile, but that's kind of beside the point.

That's pretty wild. They said the same thing about Lebron and Wiggins as well.

Agreed. I think if you look at the # of high school kids who've been on the cover of SI, it's a pretty exclusive group. Just the prestige of the magazine and the circulation that they have kind of perpetuated thing.

The article had a lot of things about his Mormon faith and upbringing (under Sonny Parker, growing up in Chicago, and playing at Simeon following the lineage that they'd had).

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. I think I was confused about when Wiggins actually reclassified. I do think he was rumored to be reclassifying for awhile, but that's kind of beside the point.

October was when he officially reclassified, but it had been rumored for a while prior to that.

Hopefully a less dramatic Paul Pierce anyways.

Paul Pierce just read this and was carted off to the lockerroom.

The Paul Pierce comparison is a perfect one. I usually try and avoid making comparisons just on body types or particular skills (eg. left handed = other left handed guy), but Parker just seems to be in that Paul Pierce mold. Bigger frame, can go inside and out with more quickness than he is given credit for.

Agreed. I think if you look at the # of high school kids who've been on the cover of SI, it's a pretty exclusive group. Just the prestige of the magazine and the circulation that they have kind of perpetuated thing.

The article had a lot of things about his Mormon faith and upbringing (under Sonny Parker, growing up in Chicago, and playing at Simeon following the lineage that they'd had).

Felipe Lopez is the one that always sticks in my mind for being on the SI Cover.

Felipe Lopez is the one that always sticks in my mind for being on the SI Cover.

Lopez's cover was also titled "The Big East is Back" and talked about how recruits like himself, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, and Chris Herren were changing the recruiting perception of the conference. The bit on Lopez himself focused on his heritage and even mentions him having unrealistic expectations on him already.