March 16, 201412 yr Author Congrats, 16BBF! I told you I would have to post a lost! But really liked the fight to come back after being done 16.
March 16, 201412 yr Thought they took a little too long to get that set up at the end. I was waiting for them to attack, to give themselves a chance to maybe get an offensive rebound. Tough break at the end, but I'm proud of the effort the young Wildcats have shown this week. For this game where the outcome doesn't really change seeding I like going for the win. Would be one of those things if you did it in the tourney that you'd love it if it worked and hate it if it didn't.
March 16, 201412 yr For this game where the outcome doesn't really change seeding I like going for the win. Would be one of those things if you did it in the tourney that you'd love it if it worked and hate it if it didn't. I agree that they should have played for last shot, I just would have liked to see the offense start up a couple of seconds earlier.
March 16, 201412 yr To not even get a freaking shot off in the final second is terrible! Dribble valuable seconds off the clock and then fumble around, fall down, and times gone, and the game. Why didn't they just put a darn shot in the air and then crash the boards for maybe a rebound put back??? Jeez!!!! Hate to lose that way.
March 16, 201412 yr Down 15, lose by 1 with the ball in your hands to win, Ill take it. Hard not to be positive after this game.
March 16, 201412 yr Sorry if I'm not as giddy as some about losing. There are no moral victories at this level, especially after starting the season as the nations #1 team.
March 16, 201412 yr Young slipped because of those stupid shoes he had on!!! Adolph probably rolled over in his casket when he saw them!!!!
March 16, 201412 yr Hard not to be positive after this game. You want to re-think that? You're talking about us UK fans.
March 16, 201412 yr Sorry if I'm not as giddy as some about losing. There are no moral victories at this level' date=' especially after starting the season as the nations #1 team.[/quote'] No moral victories but this loss isn't as much of a negative as you're making it out to be either.
March 16, 201412 yr This came down to a couple of things. First, Florida outrebound Kentucky which is incredibly odd considering UK is such a great rebounding team. Secondly, Kentucky defended in the second half only given up 21 points. If anything, Cal should feel good that UK has been guarding the ball much better these past three games. UF is the best team in the country; however, they still don't scare me all that much. Really balanced ballclub. A poor man's version of Kentucky from two seasons ago.
March 16, 201412 yr I watched the replay again. Harrison held the ball and didn't start the offense until there were only 4.1 seconds left. How in the heck do you hold onto the ball that long????????? Even if young gets a shot off if he misses there isn't even enough time left for a rebound and put back! That is not only horrible point guard play but atrocious coaching.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.