Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 61 Kentucky 60

Featured Replies

^ find a new team to cheer for then. If you can't see where this team is I feel sorry for you

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ find a new team to cheer for then. If you can't see where this team is I feel sorry for you

I see where they are. They are the 2nd best team in the SEC. Now unlike you, I won't blindly praise them for bad play.

Wy don't you find another team?

Understatement of the year - Tough Loss.

Now that's been said I honestly thought around the 6-7 minute mark or so that Fla. would finish, blow us out the rest of the way and win by closer to 17-20. I thought that the Cats showed a lot of maturity in coming back the way that they did, just a short while ago they would have / did get blown out. I don't believe in any moral lost so the fact of the matter is that we didn't convert the last possession, a player slipped and that was it.

Florida is more than good, it is going to take a very good team to beat the Gators in the NCAA. Florida is a senior ball team, very talented players and are arguably the best defensive team in the country - the best team in the country. Fla., Lou, Witch. St., UVA and Arizona to me are playing better than anyone in the country. A common factor - ALL have senior leadership if not dominated by seniors.

WCS kept em in it, IMO.

I see where they are. They are the 2nd best team in the SEC. Now unlike you, I won't blindly praise them for bad play.

Wy don't you find another team?

 

They played bad today?

They played bad today?

Did I say that? I was talking about a specific play(s) not overall.

I see where they are. They are the 2nd best team in the SEC. Now unlike you, I won't blindly praise them for bad play.

Wy don't you find another team?

 

Losing by one to the overall number one seed in the tournament is a huge frat for this team. They have momentum going into the tourney and I for one am pumped.

Losing by one to the overall number one seed in the tournament is a huge frat for this team. They have momentum going into the tourney and I for one am pumped.

You did however remind me of one of my biggest pet peeves that I need to post in the pet peeve thread. That is for anybody to tell a fan of a team who they should and should not root for.

They played bad today?

 

From what I was watching they played about 8 good minutes in a 40 minute game.:idunno:

Never led the entire game and were behind double digits at least 50% of the game.

 

I do gotta give them credit for having a chance to win at the end...:thumb:

The Cats are finally getting tougher mentally, they are right where they needed to be... about mid February.

I can handle this game.

 

Kid was trying to make a play...slipped.

 

You see many last shots to win the game not get rolling until a handful of seconds left. Young had the lane to the basket, that was clear. I like the call by Cal.

 

Another case of danged if they do, danged if they don't.

 

He makes that shot with what would have been probably less than one second left on the clock, then everybody is singing a different tune.

 

If they start the play sooner and score with a few ticks on the clock left to give FLA a last second shot, then there is griping about that.

 

Florida is legit. This team grew up over the weekend. That much is clear. They could have folded being down 14 to FLA after only a week ago getting their tails kicked by the same ball club, instead they battled back with the ball in their hands as the game eneded. I don't care what they were ranked preseason (which was a crock, they were nowhere near the best team or even Top 10/20 IMO when the season began).

 

....then, again. I'm one of these weird UK fans that actually look at things a little more objectively and realistic. I get about as tore up over a loss as I do excited over a win.

Anyone else impressed with FT shooting today?

Anyone else impressed with FT shooting today?

I actually was impressed after the shaky start. I hope they can carry it over to the tourney.

It sucks that they lost, however UK definitely is at least playing its best ball of the season going into the tournament. This whole SEC tournament they actually were playing with emotion and playing hard. It still not great, but its definitely the best they have done all year. This team can lose in the first round, or possibly put it together and make a run.

 

It still sucks that they lost today though, especially without getting off a shot.

Down 15, lose by 1 with the ball in your hands to win, Ill take it. Hard not to be positive after this game.

 

I understand why that you saying this but I am not claiming any "Moral" victories. A moral victory is a loss. I did love how that the Cats came back with that last run, that showed me their pride is there but when you're a U.K., the most wins of anyone that's played the game, then winning this type game is expected.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.