March 17, 201412 yr I certainly am very pleased with the Cat's play in this SEC Tourney. I am very pleased with the way that this team made that run, that showed pride. Earlier this season they would have folded, lost by 20+. I am not pleased with the ending, had they gotten a shot off and missed then o.k.. To blow the play/not have a set play or whatever and not get a shot off - I am not pleased with. I am more positive going into the NCAA than I was last week.
March 17, 201412 yr I certainly am very pleased with the Cat's play in this SEC Tourney. I am very pleased with the way that this team made that run, that showed pride. Earlier this season they would have folded, lost by 20+. I am not pleased with the ending, had they gotten a shot off and missed then o.k.. To blow the play/not have a set play or whatever and not get a shot off - I am not pleased with. I am more positive going into the NCAA than I was last week. Agree 100%
March 17, 201412 yr I can handle this game. Kid was trying to make a play...slipped. One replay I saw it actually looked like he may have tripped over a Florida players foot/leg...but ref ain't blowing nothing there.
March 17, 201412 yr UK actually ran two plays that would have given them the lead. The first play after a timeout ended with Harrison one on 3/4 drive down the lane and throw up the slop. The second play was the handoff to Young. I actually liked that play but they started it too late. Two reasons why: 1. If Young did not feel so pressed for time he may not have slipped. Running a handoff play that close on time puts too much pressure on the play and you end up with what you got - no shot. 2. With this UK team I prefer taking a last second shot with enough time to allow for the miss, rebound and put back. This team does not shoot well and they rebound well.
March 17, 201412 yr I blame Youngs shoes. Why at this point in the season, wear a new pair of shoes? I blame waiting too long to start to run the offense. Even if the same thing happened but Harrison started it at 10 secs instead of 4 seconds, you would still have 6 seconds left and a foul would of been called or at least UK gets a TO because they did recover the ball on teh floor and the Florida player dove into the back of young when he recovered the ball. So either way there is still time left in the game and UK has the ball. At least 6 seconds left. Plenty of time to try to score again.
March 17, 201412 yr I blame waiting too long to start to run the offense. Even if the same thing happened but Harrison started it at 10 secs instead of 4 seconds, you would still have 6 seconds left and a foul would of been called or at least UK gets a TO because they did recover the ball on teh floor and the Florida player dove into the back of young when he recovered the ball. So either way there is still time left in the game and UK has the ball. At least 6 seconds left. Plenty of time to try to score again. But if you wait that long and make it, no way in heck would I want UF to have that much time left. Harrison waited a second or 2 too long but they just didn't execute.
March 17, 201412 yr But if you wait that long and make it, no way in heck would I want UF to have that much time left. Harrison waited a second or 2 too long but they just didn't execute. I wasn't concerned with how much time left UF would have if we scored. We hadn't had the lead the entire game, just get the lead and worry about the last few seconds with Florida having the ball when that happens. The defense played pretty good the 2nd half and down the stretch so I would of rather put it in their hands at that point of the game than the offense for a last second shot. UK had trouble scoring once they got within 1 and then UF got a 6 pt lead and we got it back to 1 point and then had 3 chances to take the lead and couldn't do it at the end of the game. Just let them score as soon as they can and then go from there. They hadn't been able to score is my point so why not try and score if you run your offense and get a good look rather than waiting for a last second shot. At least if you run the offense sooner and miss you can foul UF and still get another opportunity.
March 17, 201412 yr I saw a lot of good things that give me encouragement going in to the tournament. Where they started the year doesn't matter since that ranking long ago showed itself to be a farce. What matters at this point is how well they're playing. Being young we've been hoping that they will improve through the season. They showed yesterday that they can play with the best teams in the nation when they put it together. It may have been an aberration but I prefer to think that they are finally getting it, given how well they did over the weekend.
March 17, 201412 yr One replay I saw it actually looked like he may have tripped over a Florida players foot/leg...but ref ain't blowing nothing there. I thought so as well but replayed it over and over, even in slow motion and there wasn't a trip. He got brushed a little if anything but that was light. He slipped.
March 17, 201412 yr I blame Youngs shoes. Why at this point in the season, wear a new pair of shoes? Especially as butt ugly as those. :lol2:
March 17, 201412 yr Awesome game to see in person. The place was wild.Like others really like the way we are playing now Very tuff bracet we are in, but it is tourney time and win or go home. Just hope they take one game at a time.
March 17, 201412 yr I thought so as well but replayed it over and over, even in slow motion and there wasn't a trip. He got brushed a little if anything but that was light. He slipped. Duke is the only team that would have gotten the foul call on that play...:deadhorse:
March 18, 201412 yr The quicker they could have gotten the shot up the better. Put the dang ball in the air and allow your bigs to crash the boards for a put back. Andrew started the play way too late. Should have given themselves enough time to grab a rebound or tip it in. Or if missed they would have still had enough time to foul, put Florida on the line, and still have a remote chance for a last second shot. Someone asked Rupp once why did his player take a shot as early as he did when they were in the last seconds of a game. The player had made the shot to put the Cats in front, and they won. His answer was that when his team was trailing a game with not much time left his team couldn't shoot it soon enough to please him. I suppose he was thinking that sometimes you also have to put some faith in your kids to get a rebound and and give his team a second shot. Makes sense. The way UK did it vs Florida, dribbling away 9 seconds of the remaining 14, they never allowed themselves any room for error. It was one shot and out, and in this case they never even got the shot.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.