Pineville's Dustin Day

I was doing my weekly read up on Pineville's stats on riherds.com and under the coach's notes it says, "February 23, 2006 6'6" Sophomore center Dustin Day scored his 1000th career point in Pineville's 57-49 win over Cumberland at Pineville High School." Congratulations to Dustin Day on this accomplishment, and the best part is Pineville will have him for two more years.

Congrats to Day, he is a very hard worker, class act, and great player. So many times kids from small schools like Pineville get overlooked. He is in my opinion on of the better big mean in recent memory to come out of the 13th. In fact, I think he is clearly the best this year which includes a GREAT player in Walt Allen at South.

Congrats to Day, he is a very hard worker, class act, and great player. So many times kids from small schools like Pineville get overlooked. He is in my opinion on of the better big mean in recent memory to come out of the 13th. In fact, I think he is clearly the best this year which includes a GREAT player in Walt Allen at South.

:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Dustin!

Actually Allen and Day are totally different type players. The 6'6 Day is a true center, while the 6'4 Allen plays anywhere on the front line, and shoots 3's from the wings when open. The games I've seen Day play he is primarily a back-to-the-basket type player. I didn't see him taken any long shots.

Congrats to Day. I know he is a good kid and unlike a lot of big men, he plays smart. Watch him during the game in contesting a shot many times, there is no doubt that he keeps his arms straight up, instead of pushing them over a bit like many big men do. He is great at staying out of foul trouble, and that makes him able to get to 1000 points so quickly.