Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Duke porn girl and student debt

Featured Replies

Before I attempt to click on this....Is it safe to do from work?

 

I didn't read the entire thing but I'm guessing probably not.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet a good # of those same potential employers probably look at porn themselves.

 

:thumb:

 

A good number probably also employ women who either stripped or did something else the employer would look down on to get through school.

 

If she has a degree from Duke, she isn't going to be hurting to find a job, regardless of what her college side job was.

This is nothing new in the adult industry. Every single dancer at every single gentlemen's club I've ever been to is working their way through college to be either a nurse or elementary school teacher. Why does this suprise anyone? :lol:

 

From my experience, they're all political science majors.

I'm old but, yes, I paid 100% cash. Paid my own way.

 

It's very difficult today for a student whose parents are unable to foot the bill.

 

That's true. But there are options to that. Move out of mom/dads house. Work for a year or two. Establish your own residence. After that time one can them apply for financial aid and mom/dads money don't count against the aid. And a poor 20 year old who doesn't make much will qualify for pretty much all the aid out there. Or, one can decide to serve their country, like I and several others on this board did...and benefit afterwards with money for college. Turning to porn to go to school is not a choice that has to be at the top of the list.

That's true. But there are options to that. Move out of mom/dads house. Work for a year or two. Establish your own residence. After that time one can them apply for financial aid and mom/dads money don't count against the aid. And a poor 20 year old who doesn't make much will qualify for pretty much all the aid out there. Or, one can decide to serve their country, like I and several others on this board did...and benefit afterwards with money for college. Turning to porn to go to school is not a choice that has to be at the top of the list.

 

Nowadays this doesn't really open up doors anymore. Future brother-in-law just did got out of the Marines in September. Tried to get tuition assistance and was given next to nothing. You're correct, porn isn't the only option, but again, she enjoys it. It's not like she is complaining that it's awful, and she's ashamed that she has to do it, etc. If you're a college kid that needs to make a good chunk of change, and you find something you enjoy doing, that's willing to pay you what you need, why shouldn't you consider it?

And yet a good # of those same potential employers probably look at porn themselves.

 

I'm not saying there isn't hypocrisy there.

 

However, I believe there is a certain stereotype that people who go into porn have issues, issues you would not want your hires to have. Is there a fair stereotype, of course not but still exists.

Nowadays this doesn't really open up doors anymore. Future brother-in-law just did got out of the Marines in September. Tried to get tuition assistance and was given next to nothing. You're correct, porn isn't the only option, but again, she enjoys it. It's not like she is complaining that it's awful, and she's ashamed that she has to do it, etc. If you're a college kid that needs to make a good chunk of change, and you find something you enjoy doing, that's willing to pay you what you need, why shouldn't you consider it?

 

Really? I wasn't aware of that, I still thought the military had some sort of college fund that was accrued during your time served, if you signed up for it. When I was in not everyone took advantage of it, and if you didn't $0 would be there waiting for you. I did not take full advantage of it (didn't put in the max amount every month that I could) but still had about I think $18,000 spread out over 4 years of school. My only problem was took me 5 years.:facepalm: Had some buddies that put in the full amount they could and was matched over 4 years and they had somewhere around $27,000 I think for college. That helps...a LOT.

^Not sure if he signed up ahead of time or not, or exactly how it works, I just know he was not happy with what he was told he could get. He lucked out and just got a very nice paying job at a great company, so it worked out, but apparently the military benefits are not nearly as good as they used to be.

The most surprising thing in this thread is we are at 70 posts and the UK fans aren't using this to somehow slam the Duke fans.

I don't understand why anyone is upset with her? She didn't break the law, she paid her own way...what's the problem?

 

I guess it would be OK if it was a guy filming and selling porn to pay his way through college.

I don't understand why anyone is upset with her? She didn't break the law, she paid her own way...what's the problem?

 

I guess it would be OK if it was a guy filming and selling porn to pay his way through college.

 

C'mon JD, that is completely different! :D

Now her films are worth twice as much for the spring. Well done miss.

She may drop out of school by the end of the year if this keeps up. Next stop, AVN Awards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.