March 10, 201412 yr I'm not saying there isn't hypocrisy there. However, I believe there is a certain stereotype that people who go into porn have issues, issues you would not want your hires to have. Is there a fair stereotype, of course not but still exists. To add to this, a manager who decides not to hire her and who also watches porn himself (or herself) may not be passing on her do to the porn itself, he or she may know that if work gets around the office the gossip and drama may turn the office into a zoo. Also, would some customers or clients she deals with be turned off by her porn past. Again, I know it is not fair but, this will be some of the challenges she could face when she leaves Duke.
March 10, 201412 yr If she's good in porn, her degree from Duke will mean little to nothing... A degree from Duke will get her a job that she can do for a long time. A career in porn could be short lived? Most porn stars do not have long careers. Edited March 10, 201412 yr by TAC I had a funny ending to the sentence, but thought it may have been a little risky.
March 10, 201412 yr A degree from Duke will get her a job that she can do for a long time. A career in porn could be short lived? Most porn stars do not have long careers. She just advances to the next level (mothers) then the next (grandmothers). When all else fails, she can do something really wild. Porn is forever.
March 10, 201412 yr To add to this, a manager who decides not to hire her and who also watches porn himself (or herself) may not be passing on her do to the porn itself, he or she may know that if work gets around the office the gossip and drama may turn the office into a zoo. Also, would some customers or clients she deals with be turned off by her porn past. Again, I know it is not fair but, this will be some of the challenges she could face when she leaves Duke.What if she IS hired by a manager that watches porn and knows her background. How long until he/she gets to thinking that porn is reality and expects a little extra from her at the office? I can see many possible lawsuits in the future.
March 10, 201412 yr To add to this, a manager who decides not to hire her and who also watches porn himself (or herself) may not be passing on her do to the porn itself, he or she may know that if work gets around the office the gossip and drama may turn the office into a zoo. Also, would some customers or clients she deals with be turned off by her porn past. Again, I know it is not fair but, this will be some of the challenges she could face when she leaves Duke. This reminded me of a situation we had here at work many years ago. I was on a committee to hire a new employee. During the interview process one of the candidates who didn't try and hide anything, which is very good seeing how a lie detector test is part of the hiring process here. Let it be known to us in her interview that she was in Penthouse magazine recently. Now I will add, she was a knockout and could of been one of All States avatars on here. I personally had no problem with it, but unfortunately for me and some others, there were 3 women also on the hiring committee who saw it quite differently than I did and held that against her and sadly she was not hired. I also know many police officers would of been very disappointed if they knew because she would of been an instant "Badge Bunny" as we call the females who work here and go after cops.
March 10, 201412 yr What kind of movie title will her porn movie be? Will one of the actors be dressed up like a blue devil? Will any pretty girls be in it if duke is part of it, hard to find any there. Will Lattener make out with the Blue Devil?
March 11, 201412 yr What kind of movie title will her porn movie be? Will one of the actors be dressed up like a blue devil? Will any pretty girls be in it if duke is part of it, hard to find any there. Will Lattener make out with the Blue Devil? Probably dress some guy as Coach K.
March 11, 201412 yr It's only fair to show a picture of the kid from Duke who is basically paying for this girl's education. I'm sure his parents are just as proud to have his picture plastered all over the news. Porn big offers frat boy who outed Duke porn star 10G to appear in his own flick - NY Daily News
March 11, 201412 yr It's only fair to show a picture of the kid from Duke who is basically paying for this girl's education. I'm sure his parents are just as proud to have his picture plastered all over the news. Better than what's plastered to his laptop...:puke:
March 11, 201412 yr Well no matter what movie she does it will always end the same way...with a Tarheel on top.
March 11, 201412 yr Well no matter what movie she does it will always end the same way...with a Tarheel on top. D'oh! Well played sir, well played indeed
March 11, 201412 yr It's only fair to show a picture of the kid from Duke who is basically paying for this girl's education. I'm sure his parents are just as proud to have his picture plastered all over the news. [ATTACH=CONFIG]43169[/ATTACH] Porn big offers frat boy who outed Duke porn star 10G to appear in his own flick* - NY Daily News I'm sure the footage of him losing his virginity will fetch a pretty penny one day. :sssh:
March 11, 201412 yr Who run the world? Girls. I say good for this girl. She obviously likes what she does and now with a degree from Duke University, she is going to be able to go far in the porn industry, should she choose to go that route. I hope she becomes a multi-millionare. It could happen. She just got an amazing amount of free publicity! Porn is not going away; might as well do like others and make legit money off of it. I'd rather have an industry where people are tested, treated right, paid fair, pay taxes and like what they're doing. It's not something I'd do but who am I to judge someone else's decisions. If this girl likes what she does, is proud of her career choice, than why is it such a big deal that she was 'outed'? isn't that what you would want? Publicity?
March 11, 201412 yr It's only fair to show a picture of the kid from Duke who is basically paying for this girl's education. I'm sure his parents are just as proud to have his picture plastered all over the news. [ATTACH=CONFIG]43169[/ATTACH] Porn big offers frat boy who outed Duke porn star 10G to appear in his own flick* - NY Daily News Am I the only one that thought when they saw the pic of this guy, the reason he outted her is because he was turned down by her?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.