Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Duke porn girl and student debt

Featured Replies

How many of us out there paid cash to go to college? I'd say it's close to 5% maybe! Anyone that's ever got a student loan can't afford college. That's probably almost everyone.

Me! I worked full time making a little over minimum wage and paid for my college.

Graduated with zero debt and and $53.00 in the bank! Oh, it did take me 6 years to graduate, but I did it with my dignity and my pride in check.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's over 18 and she's making money to pay for college. Good for her. Duke owes her nothing, if the tuition at a prestigious private college is to much for you go somewhere else.

 

That said I can see where this could be an issue and follow her as she enters the work force, particularly if she is going into some field that requires her to interact with the public. The internet is forever.

^Not sure if he signed up ahead of time or not, or exactly how it works, I just know he was not happy with what he was told he could get. He lucked out and just got a very nice paying job at a great company, so it worked out, but apparently the military benefits are not nearly as good as they used to be.

 

Recruiters will screw you if you get a bad one. You have to make sure everything you want is in writing. I've had multiple buddies get out over the last 1-2 years and they have more than enough for school.

I don't have a problem with what she did and I applaud her creativity .You are an adult doing a legal activity more power to you . With that said according to what industry she chooses to work in this could have a negative impact on career advancement . Not saying its right its just a reality.

She dug her own grave IMO. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't try to do it. If she can get into Duke, I'm sure there were other options for her to that would still offer a good education but definitely save her money as well.

 

To be fair, I've heard several people say the same thing. "If she can't afford it then she shouldn't have gone to Duke"

 

I do t know of very many kids her age that "can afford" any College these days. So should every kid simy not go to college?

To be fair, I've heard several people say the same thing. "If she can't afford it then she shouldn't have gone to Duke"

 

I do t know of very many kids her age that "can afford" any College these days. So should every kid simy not go to college?

 

This answer has nothing to do with the Duke Girl , I'm responding directly to your last line. The answer is yes. A lot of kids going to college directly out of High School shouldnt be going. With how expensive college is now kids can't afford to figure out what they want to do in college.

Me! I worked full time making a little over minimum wage and paid for my college.

Graduated with zero debt and and $53.00 in the bank! Oh, it did take me 6 years to graduate, but I did it with my dignity and my pride in check.

How long ago was that?

:laugh:A long, long, long, long, long, time ago...in a galaxy far, far away....

Now this is the kinda content I don't mind paying for!

 

...and by that I mean BGP, not porn. :D

Now this is the kinda content I don't mind paying for!

 

...and by that I mean BGP, not porn. :D

 

I was gonna say who pays for porn :lol2:

Less than 24 hours for this thread and we are at 5 pages and 86 posts.

Something about that "p" word. :lol2:

How long ago was that?

When Moby Dick was a minnow! Did I just say Dick in a thread about porn?

Less than 24 hours for this thread and we are at 5 pages and 86 posts.

Something about that "p" word. :lol2:

 

With as much money as the porn industry does, law of averages says there are LOTS of people on this board who contribute as customers.

Just curious, how is performing and getting paid to be in a pornographic movie legal but prostitution isn't? Why couldn't you just film the interaction with a prostitute and say you were making a porno if the police tried to arrest you?

 

I'm sure there is some legal definition between to two but can't figure how it could be worded to allow one action but not the other.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.