Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

The play where SU got screwed the worst was when they called a block on the break where Parker ran over the SU defender.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The play where SU got screwed the worst was when they called a block on the break where Parker ran over the SU defender.

That one was a truly terrible call. That's where the momentum really shifted to Duke.

Here's the play. I've got the defender in position in the replay at the 0:40 mark.

 

 

So at what point is it too late to be in position on this play?

 

Once the dribble is stopped the shooting motion begins...

Horrible call. Atrociously bad.

Horrible call by TG. And1 all day. Game changer. Spread was 6. Hmmmmm.

It was a charge. If you say it wasn't state your team allegiance.

 

Charge. Not only was it a charge but it was consistent with how they called the game so that new rules crap doesn't apply.

 

Charge. End of discussion.

 

 

And Duke covered the spread. Thank you Jim!!!!!!!! :D

 

I despise both teams. So my team allegiance means nothing.

 

It was not consistent. Parker clearly charged earlier and they called it a block. Consistent would have been to call it a block. Which it was.

 

Should have been an and 1.

The play where SU got screwed the worst was when they called a block on the break where Parker ran over the SU defender.

 

He was moving his body backward. Amazed people don't see that.

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke

 

 

Love the perspective.

He was moving his body backward. Amazed people don't see that.

 

Moving backwards is allowed.

Same game. Two charge/blocks. 1st was called a block. 2nd was called a charge. Both in favor of the home team. IMO both calls were wrong.

 

https://vine.co/v/MmeedrIpMQ9

 

But I'm a Duke hater and make no apologies for my bias opinions.

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke

 

 

Love the perspective.

 

Or knows the rule book? But I'm A and B so my opinion clearly doesn't matter

I didn't have a dog in the fight so to speak, except for I predicted a Duke win in the contest. Actually it would had made me happy to see Duke lose.

The game was another vey well played game, both teams leaving everything that they had out on the floor. Both Duke and Syracuse imo will make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. As for the obvious call of the night, I hate to see any game decided by the officials and this one certainly was. The call (Syracuse Charge) had to have been one of if not the worst call I have Ever seen made. Usually that call (charge/block) could go either way. Not this one, it was a blatant obvious Block w/ basket good. Was a block live, on replay and slow motion. So, this was one of the very rare exceptions in that a terrible, terrible call determined the game...JMO and I understand if anyone feels different, even though I don'tsee how anyone truthfully could.

Having said all of that....the 2 T's were not bad calls. Boheim actually forced the guy to call them. I honestly can't fault him even though he left no doubt the official needing to T him up. Looking at it I really can't see any coach not going nuts ! Maybe John Wooden back in the day if any.

I would hope the official would be reprimanded but then again, it was a judgement call but not so much since the new rule/rules....the Ref blew it. Looks even worse since the call went in Duke's favor and the game was at Duke. I have to say it......it seems that Duke will get every close call and I know that's not always the case but they certainly did here, and imo it wasn't even close.

But hey.... I hit the 5 pt. contest pick. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.