Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

Or knows the rule book? But I'm A and B so my opinion clearly doesn't matter

 

:thumb: Absolutely, is no secret that I don't like Duke and am a U.K. fan but as you said, this one didn't matter. As I said in my post, the defender was moving, not even close.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't have a dog in the fight so to speak, except for I predicted a Duke win in the contest. Actually it would had made me happy to see Duke lose.

The game was another vey well played game, both teams leaving everything that they had out on the floor. Both Duke and Syracuse imo will make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. As for the obvious call of the night, I hate to see any game decided by the officials and this one certainly was. The call (Syracuse Charge) had to have been one of if not the worst call I have Ever seen made. Usually that call (charge/block) could go either way. Not this one, it was a blatant obvious Block w/ basket good. Was a block live, on replay and slow motion. So, this was one of the very rare exceptions in that a terrible, terrible call determined the game...JMO and I understand if anyone feels different, even though I don'tsee how anyone truthfully could.

Having said all of that....the 2 T's were not bad calls. Boheim actually forced the guy to call them. I honestly can't fault him even though he left no doubt the official needing to T him up. Looking at it I really can't see any coach not going nuts ! Maybe John Wooden back in the day if any.

I would hope the official would be reprimanded but then again, it was a judgement call but not so much since the new rule/rules....the Ref blew it. Looks even worse since the call went in Duke's favor and the game was at Duke. I have to say it......it seems that Duke will get every close call and I know that's not always the case but they certainly did here, and imo it wasn't even close.

But hey.... I hit the 5 pt. contest pick. :D

 

This game was decided by Boeheim losing his cool.

:thumb: Absolutely, is no secret that I don't like Duke and am a U.K. fan but as you said, this one didn't matter. As I said in my post, the defender was moving, not even close.

 

Duke defneder was still. Syracuse defender was moving more than Duke defender was.

Or knows the rule book? But I'm A and B so my opinion clearly doesn't matter

 

Nope. It doesn't.

I think I enjoyed this game as much as I have any I've seen all season. I agree that the call was anticipated. I liked JB's post game presser better. I love that guy.

 

I stayed low. I wasn't injured.

This game was decided by Boeheim losing his cool.

 

I honestly thought Boeheim was going to go Woody Hayes on the official and take a swing at him. He came unglued.

The first 2 games of the Syracuse Duke rivalry have just showed what were looking forward too in the future. LOVE IT. I hope these 2 teams play on a neutral court. Awesome game.

I hope these 2 teams play on a neutral court. Awesome game.

 

Then Syracuse wins, IMO.

I think I enjoyed this game as much as I have any I've seen all season. I agree that the call was anticipated. I liked JB's post game presser better. I love that guy.

 

I stayed low. I wasn't injured.

 

I cracked up when I saw that on SC this morning. I respect the guy too.

 

I honestly thought Boeheim was going to go Woody Hayes on the official and take a swing at him. He came unglued.

 

Really surprised that there is not more posts on his going unglued. If that had been Cal or Coach P, we would have had 6+ pages on it.

Since when?

 

Always

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke

 

 

Love the perspective.

 

Is the reverse also true?

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke

 

A + B = the entire country - Duke fans

When does upward motion begin? Picks up the ball? Plants his pivot?

 

Once the dribble is stopped the shooting motion begins...

 

Here's the wording.

 

NCAA 4-17-4-d: "When the opponent with the ball is airborne, the guard shall have attained legal guarding position before the opponent begins his upward motion with his hands/arms to shoot or pass."

 

The stopping of the dribble really isn't a factor.

 

It's really close on this play . I've got the defender as being there when his upward motion starts (not when he picks up his dribble).

 

No way anyone can say it was an "obvious miss." Way too close.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.