Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

I agree that this one is hard to tell. With that said, I wouldn't have called it in that situation. No call and let it go.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason you guys have such issue with this is when it happened. Consensus of the experts, the ones who dont own UK bedsheets and underwear, is once you look in slow mo it was the right call. Certainly wasnt the worst call of the night. The flagrant 2 in the first half owns that hands down. Wasnt even a foul, let alone flagrant. K didnt run around and act like a two year old. Boeheim cost his team an opportunity to still win this game. Even his senior captain CJ Fair said as much after the game.

When does upward motion begin? Picks up the ball? Plants his pivot?

 

Once the dribble is stopped the shooting motion begins...

 

I agree that this one is hard to tell. With that said, I wouldn't have called it in that situation. No call and let it go.

 

No call is not an option. It has to be one or the other.

 

To add to Greene's challenge you'll notice that the play happens while he's in the middle of a switch.

Only reason you guys have such issue with this is when it happened. Consensus of the experts, the ones who dont own UK bedsheets and underwear, is once you look in slow mo it was the right call. Certainly wasnt the worst call of the night. The flagrant 2 in the first half owns that hands down. Wasnt even a foul, let alone flagrant.

 

 

I won't say "consensus" but I will say MUCH closer than 99% are claiming if you use the actual wording of the rulebook.

 

The "intentional" foul call in the first half against Duke was really, really bad. He didn't see what his brain told him he saw.

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke Love the perspective.

 

And so far everyone saying it's a charge loves Duke so what's your point?

And so far everyone saying it's a charge loves Duke so what's your point?

 

I dont love Duke. In fact root against them every time they play, save vs Tar Heels, then i just dont watch. Live I was screaming like Boeheim. Watching it back, I still cant discern. For anyone to be so resolute either way shows lack of objective. It was close.

Here's the wording.

 

NCAA 4-17-4-d: "When the opponent with the ball is airborne, the guard shall have attained legal guarding position before the opponent begins his upward motion with his hands/arms to shoot or pass."

 

The stopping of the dribble really isn't a factor.

 

It's really close on this play . I've got the defender as being there when his upward motion starts (not when he picks up his dribble).

 

No way anyone can say it was an "obvious miss." Way too close.

 

How is "legal guarding position" defined in the rule book?

Once the dribble is stopped the shooting motion begins...

 

IS there a definition of this?

 

Regardless, I've never complained of one call in a loss, it amazes me the amount of people that complain about a call at the end of a game. What about the travel call at the 18:52 mark (just made this up). The #1 person to blame right now, is Boeheim himself.

How is "legal guarding position" defined in the rule book?

 

Two feet on the floor

Torso facing the opponent

Two feet on the floor

Torso facing the opponent

 

Apparently, there is no mention of torso-leaning, front, back or sideways, correct?

You can have "two feet on the floor" and yet be sliding, with your feet never leaving the floor. Sliding used to be an issue in the call, I thought. Under the current rule, do the feet have to be stationary? Thanks for your officiating responses.

Apparently, there is no mention of torso-leaning, front, back or sideways, correct?

You can have "two feet on the floor" and yet be sliding, with your feet never leaving the floor. Sliding used to be an issue in the call, I thought. Under the current rule, do the feet have to be stationary? Thanks for your officiating responses.

 

I gave you the requirements to establish LGP.

 

Feet do not have to be stationary. You cannot slide under a shooter. You CAN be moving backwards after establishing LGP which is why the call where SU was called for a block instead of Parker being called for a PC seemed incorrect to me.

I bet everybody who says it wasn't a charge either A.) likes UK or B.) hates Duke

 

Love the perspective.

 

Not this guy.

And so far everyone saying it's a charge loves Duke so what's your point?

 

That is my point. People ALWAYS see what they want to see when it comes to the refs and Duke and NOONE who isn't a Duke fan ever sides with Duke. Got to page 2 before anyone mentioned the intentional foul call. I'm going to keep my homer glasses on and you guys do the same. Life goes on.

I thought it was a charge live, after seeing replay about 100 times or so i still think charge. Although it is close but in no way is it obviously a block. he was set and shuffled his feet a little right as the cuse player began his jump. If this is an obvious block then about 80% of all charge calls are wrong. Tough call at tough time in game. Jim's reaction took away any oppurtunity the had of winning it. For the record i am a UK fan do not care for duke but always watch the game from an open point of view(at least try to).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.