Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

Green got that call right. The replays clearly show it. Boeheim lost the game for the Orange. They were still in it until he went crazy. As a coach' date=' you have to have more self control and not cost your team a chance to win.[/quote']

 

Um, no. Based on the new rules that was as clear a block as it gets...

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, no. Based on the new rules that was as clear a block as it gets...

 

I didn't see the game. I was watching a movie but, as often is the case, checking Twitter. Saw a lot of tweets about this foul. I then saw the replay and I didn't think it was obvious at all. I thought it was extremely close EVEN in slow motion. In real speed I can see how the call was made.

 

Now if you make the argument that it's almost always a block on a close play with the secondary defender then I can see your argument.

Its a charge :D

 

:lol2: I was waiting for you to post this......

This sums up my thoughts. It's not that I blame him for being upset - he clearly thought they'd been robbed on that. But at that point the game is not over. Chances were slim, but it wasn't done. However he assured it was a done deal.

 

What does everyone see Duke's rank being? Does this cancel out the loss from Thursday?

 

I think that Duke will stay where they are. Might drop a spot or 2. I would love for them to move up just to see more people complain.

:lol2: I was waiting for you to post this......

 

My dark blue shades are strong on this call.

.........

 

Not only was it a block, but Tony Green was really quick with the call -- can't anticipate a call like that. Just an awful way to end a game of that magnitude.

 

I didn't see the game. I was watching a movie but, as often is the case, checking Twitter. Saw a lot of tweets about this foul. I then saw the replay and I didn't think it was obvious at all. I thought it was extremely close EVEN in slow motion. In real speed I can see how the call was made.

 

Now if you make the argument that it's almost always a block on a close play with the secondary defender then I can see your argument.

 

The new rule says the secondary defender can not slide in once the upward motion begins right? Clear as can be with new rules...

Hahahaha I'm shocked Duke actually got a call to go in their favor at home for once...

Duke gets the right call near the end of this one and Coach B., from Syracuse goes off. He gets two T's and is thrown out.

 

Good to see the refs get one correct in a big game.:p

 

 

Horrible call. It was a block.

It was a charge. If you say it wasn't state your team allegiance.

 

Charge. Not only was it a charge but it was consistent with how they called the game so that new rules crap doesn't apply.

 

Charge. End of discussion.

 

 

And Duke covered the spread. Thank you Jim!!!!!!!! :D

It was a charge. If you say it wasn't state your team allegiance.

 

Charge. Not only was it a charge but it was consistent with how they called the game so that new rules crap doesn't apply.

 

Charge. End of discussion.

 

 

And Duke covered the spread. Thank you Jim!!!!!!!! :D

 

What was the spread?

The new rule says the secondary defender can not slide in once the upward motion begins right? Clear as can be with new rules...

 

When does upward motion begin? Picks up the ball? Plants his pivot?

Here's the play. I've got the defender in position in the replay at the 0:40 mark.

 

 

So at what point is it too late to be in position on this play?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.