Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

You're not watching . He's walking up the baseline because he initiated a switch. Tell me where on the video he starts waving it off.

 

I just pointed out to you that he didn't make ANY signal until 2 seconds after the contact. How is that anticipating?

 

Okay, we're beating this to death, so this is my final thought (translation, you can have the last word): watch closely, Tony is starting to wave it off before ball is out of his hands, than he disappears behind Fair for a moment. Use pause to see him start the wave off before disappearing for a moment. Ball still in Fair's hands.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, we're beating this to death, so this is my final thought (translation, you can have the last word): watch closely, Tony is starting to wave it off before ball is out of his hands, than he disappears behind Fair for a moment. Use pause to see him start the wave off before disappearing for a moment. Ball still in Fair's hands.

 

Why does that matter? He saw what he saw. He doesn't need to see if it goes in because he saw the contact which he deemed to be an offensive foul while the ball was still in his hands. At that point the play is over. He doesn't need to look up to see if the shot went in. He waved it off after the contact. That's all he is supposed to do.

LGP established at 0:40 in this slow-mo replay.

 

Fair had not started up with his hands or arms as is required in the rulebook.

 

 

Look at the 47 second mark on the replay and you will see Hood move after Fair has started the shooting motion, maybe that's legal, but it's not if I understand the rule correctly.

.........

 

Tony Greene has done 55 games this year and calls the home team for 3.4 fewer fouls per game. That number represents the largest visitor to home spread of his 18 year career. That is tied for the 5th highest margin of officials that have done 50 or more games at this point in the season.

 

Just an FYI....not saying it had any bearing on this / these calls. :D

I have watched this replay about 25 times and I can't tell. One thing I'll add that I do not think has been mentioned, is that there really was minimal contact because C.J. Fair twisted his upper body around the Duke player. Fair's right leg accounted for most the contact. It didn't look that way live, but it wasn't much contact.

 

I really think I would like a "No Call" as the best thing Tony Greene could have done in this situation. That, of course, is after 25 replays which the official did not have the benefit of.

 

To sum it up, this is truly a classic "Bang/Bang" call.

This thread will never end. Funny how there was not a 7 page thread when Duke got hosed in first game. Never gonna get guys still running around in "I hate Laettner" shirts to see a Duke game objectively. Time to move on.

Okay, we're beating this to death, so this is my final thought (translation, you can have the last word): watch closely, Tony is starting to wave it off before ball is out of his hands, than he disappears behind Fair for a moment. Use pause to see him start the wave off before disappearing for a moment. Ball still in Fair's hands.

Tony's arms don't even begin to move until the defender is almost on the ground.

 

I've watched the replay 50 times and if I had to make a call based on those 50 times, it was a charge. Yes the defender is moving but he has established position and most of the movement is to raise his arms and get upright.

I have watched this replay about 25 times and I can't tell. One thing I'll add that I do not think has been mentioned, is that there really was minimal contact because C.J. Fair twisted his upper body around the Duke player. Fair's right leg accounted for most the contact. It didn't look that way live, but it wasn't much contact.

 

I really think I would like a "No Call" as the best thing Tony Greene could have done in this situation. That, of course, is after 25 replays which the official did not have the benefit of.

 

To sum it up, this is truly a classic "Bang/Bang" call.

 

Way too much contact for a no call. You have to call a block or charge. And honestly live speed either would have been acceptable.

Same game. Two charge/blocks. 1st was called a block. 2nd was called a charge. Both in favor of the home team. IMO both calls were wrong.

 

https://vine.co/v/MmeedrIpMQ9

 

But I'm a Duke hater and make no apologies for my bias opinions.

 

I don't like Duke. I despise the way they get so many charging calls. And I can not say here how much I hate the way charging calls are made. I believe you better be firmly planted with both feet in front of the offensive player and no leaning right or left if you are even going to think about getting a charge call. That being said, I believe both of these calls were charging - both the Duke player earlier in the game and the Syracuse player at the end were charges.

Edited by Voice of Reason

What play are you watching? Go to the 0:41 mark. That's where the contact occurs. He signals at 0:43.

 

Not even CLOSE to anticipating or starting mechanics early.

 

 

Please stop bringing factual information to the mix. People's clouded minds, are all that is submissable

Please stop bringing factual information to the mix. People's clouded minds, are all that is submissable

 

When Duke is involved, throw facts out the window.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.