Senior Night Lineups

It should be the decision of the coach.If he chooses to start 5 freshmen over 5 seniors that is his choice.No one should start just because he/she is a senior-Starting positions are earned.

How I agree that positions are earned, I feel that if you have 5 seniors they should start on Senior night. In most cases they have been in the program for 4 years and have earned the right to do so. Most kids won't go to the next level so it is their night to shine. If they are only in for 2 minutes, in most cases they aren't going to hurt you that bad.

How I agree that positions are earned, I feel that if you have 5 seniors they should start on Senior night. In most cases they have been in the program for 4 years and have earned the right to do so. Most kids won't go to the next level so it is their night to shine. If they are only in for 2 minutes, in most cases they aren't going to hurt you that bad.

Exactly! If you are a head coach and you are not going to adhere to that, then don't have a senior night. If they are good enough to make your roster, then they should be good enough to start and play a couple minutes on senior night.

It should be the decision of the coach.If he chooses to start 5 freshmen over 5 seniors that is his choice.No one should start just because he/she is a senior-Starting positions are earned.

You do realize we are only talking about the one night? Senior night.

You do realize we are only talking about the one night? Senior night.

Yes I do.But we as fans aren't privy to what goes on in practice.We don't know if Senior"A" has had a bad attitude,has not been hustling or maybe is a problem in the locker room.We just don't know.We as fans make too many quick decisions/judgements regarding coaching decisions.Let each coach decide on his own what is best for his team.

I think all seniors should start on senior night, unless you have a situation like Clay County did this year were they had 7 seniors. There really isn't much you can do there. Coach Gray did let the other 2 start the next game though.

Senior night seniors should start as long as they realize that they still have to follow the rules... I have seen where some seniors do something against team rules with the attitude.... "they can't not play us on senior night"... in that case they should be sat down and put in their place. I also feel there is no obligation for one to play the seniors in any more than the first few minutes unless beneficial to the team...