Boone County 62 Newport 29

BOONE CO. 20-18-16-8—62

at NEWPORT 3- 5-14- 7—29

BOONE COUNTY (16-9): Mayberry 4 0 8, Hixenbaugh 1 0 2, Purnell 1 0 2, Ordu 4 2 10, Downs 2 0 4, Floyd 1 0 2, Stanley 2 0 4, Stockwell 9 2 20, McDonald 5 0 10. Totals 29 4 62.

NEWPORT (15-10): Price 2 1 6, Turner 2 0 4, Davis 1 0 2, Spicer 0 2 2, Covington 2 2 6, Snapp 2 0 5, Joseph 1 1 3, Ochoa 0 1 1. Totals 10 7 29.

Maybe a Mod could fix the thread title. Somehow I hit an enter key too quick. Thanks

Rough night for Newport.

Funny to look at a box score and try to figure things out. Junior Stockwell is a nice player, a solid big, but in the many times I've seen him, I've never seen him go for 20. I'm not shocked Boone won, but surprised at a 33 point margin. Plus, that margin with Stanley only having 4 and no FT's?

Also shocked that Snapp only had two made FG's and no FT's.

Crazy box score.

Snapp may be in need of some weight, but I don't believe he is "frail" Clyde. Almost every player he goes against will have a size advantage and I have personally seen him school his fair share. I don't want to make excuses, but I am hearing that he has been playing while trying to battle a cold or possibly the flu. You do what you have to do when you are needed to lead the team, but I think a healthy Snapp in this game and the box score looks considerably different.