Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

"Fighting words" doctrine. Varies according to place with how it's been interpreted, but if Person A and Person B are on the street and Person A yells language at Person B that meets the test (i.e., for lack of a better word, it's "bad" enough and directed at a specific target), then Person B is justified in defending themselves.

 

Idea behind it is that if someone is going to say something on that level to you, you are justified in defending yourself because a reasonable person would take the threat as intended to intimidate (put them in fear for their safety).

 

If they're lucky a lawyer gets it thrown out based on the above text you've provided but the individual would still be arrested and still have to go to court for it.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they're lucky a lawyer gets it thrown out based on the above text you've provided but the individual would still be arrested and still have to go to court for it.

 

Yea, definitely know what you're saying there.

Yea, definitely know what you're saying there.

 

 

I like everyone else would really like to know what was said. The words don't justify the actions but could at least help to understand why Smart reacted the way he did. If it was in fact racial I just don't understand a guy saying something like that when he's there to support his team that's got a large number of African Americans on its team. Doesn't mean he didn't do it but if he did, what an idiot. I doubt the Tech players for any sport are going to want someone like that in the stands.

Maybe Smart ain't dumb. Even if the fan didn't call him the N word, Smart May use it as an excuse for that. Play the race card to save yourself and justify his actions.

 

Smart should have whipped that whole row of idiots. And he could have easily.

I just now saw the highlights, film of this incident. At best it was a classless act by a player that seems to have had discipline problems a lot since he got to OSU. Coach T. Ford couldn't have responded, handled it any worse imo. His comments, or lack there of when ask about it in the presser seemed weak, very weak. Basically Ford shrugged it off saying he didn't see it, have the facts and left it at that. This coming after Ford dismissed another player last week is looking more and more like he has lost control/discipline of his team. The Cowboys were looking to a promising season, high expectations this year.

I personally think that Smart should be suspended, not for just a game or two but significant. Anything less imo will look worse on Ok. State than it already does. I can't believe that not only he wasn't tossed but that Ford himself didn't send Smart to the dressing room immediately.

I would not doubt that Travis Ford's job is on the line. This was no little incident, a player goes into the bleachers after a fan, pushed a lady to the side as well in going after the man.

 

We will have to see what the Big 12 does along with what if any action that OK. State's administration may take. Just me personally, Smart would be done - at least for the remainder of the regular season. I just believe that a strong statement / action has to be taken.

The older lady on the left was doing her share of idiocy and the one in the glasses is just aggin it on too.

Honestly, one thing I thought was that Smart should go straight to Tubby Smith & inform him. Tubby would deal with it IMO.

 

Remember Roy Williams tossing that guy from Presbyterian a couple of years ago? And he wasn't accused of doing anything like this man has been accused of.

 

Roy tossed that fan because he did something far worse. . ......

 

He rooted AGAINST the Heels! :D

:irked:Amazes me how a 50 year old man can heckle a 18-20 year at a sporting event and it seems like its excused. Player pushes him and people think he should be suspended the rest of the year? We as a society idolize athletes and make them into some super hero. It has even trickled down to high school, just look at the signing day on ESPNU. We have no idea what was going on in Smarts life? Maybe nothing, but after seeing a family bury their 3month old baby Saturday, I hope he wasn't going through anything like that. We are just way to quick to judge this kid, bring up his past and start throwing penalties out there. He should be punished but take all things into consideration and let his punishment fit the crime. To the fan I say this, try walking down the street and heckling people the way you do at sporting events. You wouldn't last an hour and if it was racial you wouldn't last a minute.:irked:

We will all hear what happens to Smart. My question is will we know if anything is done to the fan?

Will be interesting to see what was "really" said.

 

It's hard for me to believe that a fan was throwing out loud racial slurs publicly like that. I'm very interested to know what was really said too.

It's a black thing. You wouldn't understand.

 

I understand fully I just have a hard time believing the guy would be screaming stuff like that at a game.

I understand fully I just have a hard time believing the guy would be screaming stuff like that at a game.

 

Why?

Why?

 

That would be pretty bold to scream such things publicly at a sporting event. I'm sure he said something ridiculous but I'll be surprised if it was racial in nature.

Basically that he's the #1 Tech fan

 

#1? He looks more like #2, if you know what I mean.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.