Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

Reporter said Marcus told coaches he said THE word. The guy deserved it but you can't make that kind of mistake in that situation.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw video of this fan in another game and the fan is a total IDIOT. Not that what Smart did was right, but the fan was obviously saying "I'm sorry about that" just before he got shoved. The fan needs to be moved from under the basket to up in the rafters or better yet lose his tickets!

I just liked what you said, so I quoted it to start my point.

 

 

 

I just don't see it happening. If the fan used "the word", I just don't see him being banned. I say that assuming he gives a lot of money to the school to have those seats. I bet they give him different seats throughout the rest of the season so it gets forgotten.

 

If he did drop an N-bomb and it's proven, I can bet the school moves to distance themselves from him quickly.

 

Dude like that is a liability and the Big XII conference and NCAA are bigger than some Tech basketball booster. Again, if proven, the guy is nothing but a huge liability to them and would be treated as such.

 

Again, IF PROVEN, we're also talking about West Texas, where there's a huge Hispanic population, and I'm guessing they have some other boosters, figures with the school, etc. who aren't happy with fans dropping racial slurs and getting that brought onto the school.

  • Author
If he threw out a racial slur' date=' I'm not mad at Marcus. Not at all. Don't blame him either.[/quote']

 

I can understand your anger, and also Marcus's if that's what was said. Still needs suspended IMO though. You simply can't handle things in that manner.

I'm not black so I can't relate. But to me that just sets the example you can attack fans or whoever for any racially insensitive remark, bringing yourself to the approaching level of the moron that provoked you.

 

Regardless of how I feel about how Smart reacted, I know it was wrong. He shouldn't have done it. I still don't blame him for it. Smart is a better man than me because I probably would have back handed him... No, you can't attack fans that drop the n-word, but that fan should NEVER be allowed in those seats again. Ever.

I'm not black so I can't relate. But to me that just sets the example you can attack fans or whoever for any racially insensitive remark, bringing yourself to the approaching level of the moron that provoked you.

 

But by the same token, just for sake of argument, doing nothing and not bringing attention to it kind of gives fans a license to keep on doing it. No one is discussing this if Smart hadn't reacted. Not saying he had to push him, but if Smart didn't react, then this isn't even being discussed.

I can understand your anger, and also Marcus's if that's what was said. Still needs suspended IMO though. You simply can't handle things in that manner.

 

He should be suspended and likely will be. We agree that the fan needs to be tossed as well.

If he threw out a racial slur, I'm not mad at Marcus. Not at all. Don't blame him either.

 

Its easy for me to say this, as a 28 year old, white male...even if the fan did make this racial, you can't react the way that Smart did.

 

Granted I've never been a young black man and called that by a middle aged, white man. But I still don't think you can react that way, no matter what a fan said. You just can't as a player.

Reporter said Marcus told coaches he said THE word. The guy deserved it but you can't make that kind of mistake in that situation.
Sadly Marcus's credibility is about a 1 right now on a scale of 1-10. That was before this incident. If true - remember, this would have been yelled, not whispered - surely someone else heard it.
Sadly Marcus's credibility is about a 1 right now on a scale of 1-10. That was before this incident. If true - remember, this would have been yelled, not whispered - surely someone else heard it.

 

Well the two ladies on either side of him aren't going to rat him out, they already know he's a racist...(if that's the case)

But by the same token' date=' just for sake of argument, doing nothing and not bringing attention to it kind of gives fans a license to keep on doing it. No one is discussing this if Smart hadn't reacted. Not saying he had to push him, but if Smart didn't react, then this isn't even being discussed.[/quote']Or you go to an authority figure and have the guy removed. You file suit. There are other ways to bring attention.

 

Marcus got caught up in the moment and frustration of losing another game. He just can't cross the line, racially provoked or not.

Or you go to an authority figure and have the guy removed.

 

You REALLY think this would happen?

The fan is a freakin idiot! Hope he loses his tickets!
Me too. I can't stand idiots like that.

Everybody was making a big deal of the Aaron Harrison Arkansas thing and that was just a stand off. This has to be 100x worst right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.