Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

I got beat to the punch posting that video. I'm sure the guy said something out of line

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just watched the replay again... If you watch when Smart's team mates are pulling him away, and he's pointing back at the fan, it looks like he's saying "Dont call me a (racial slur) again..."

 

I could be totally wrong, but that sure as heck looks like what he said to me...

 

I assumed as soon as I saw it (and I didn't see it live) but even if he called him the worst of the worst...it still doesn't excuse Smart's behavior.

  • Author
I just watched the replay again... If you watch when Smart's team mates are pulling him away' date=' and he's pointing back at the fan, it looks like he's saying "Dont call me a (racial slur) again..." I could be totally wrong, but that sure as heck looks like what he said to me...[/quote']

 

If that's the case he should be banned from all Tech games in the future. I don't care how much money he may give.

I just watched the replay again... If you watch when Smart's team mates are pulling him away' date=' and he's pointing back at the fan, it looks like he's saying "Dont call me a (racial slur) again..." I could be totally wrong, but that sure as heck looks like what he said to me...[/quote']Maybe so. But for an avid fan sitting where he does each game it seems odd he would have just randomly yelled a racial statement at Smart. But we've seen dumber things by people.

 

Smart has been out of control of late.

I bet this guy was getting at Smart all game and he just finally snapped.

Maybe so. But for an avid fan sitting where he does each game it seems odd he would have just randomly yelled a racial statement at Smart. But we've seen dumber things by people.

 

Smart has been out of control of late.

 

How do you know it was random? Racism isn't random, if that's in fact what he said...

If that's the case he should be banned from all Tech games in the future. I don't care how much money he may give.

 

I don't condone the fan using a racial slur (if he did) but it doesn't matter what the fan said, Smart still can't confront the fan in a physical nature. If he (Smart) would have yelled anything back, it wouldn't have mattered. You can't go get physical in the stands, no matter what is said or done.

I don't care what he said, a player can't shove a fan. If the fan had punched him or something, he can defend himself but he has to rise above verbal insults, IMO.

 

I think a suspension is coming.

  • Author
I don't condone the fan using a racial slur (if he did) but it doesn't matter what the fan said' date=' Smart still can't confront the fan in a physical nature. If he (Smart) would have yelled anything back, it wouldn't have mattered. You can't go get physical in the stands, no matter what is said or done.[/quote']

 

I've already Smart deserves at least 3 games. If the fan used a racial slur he needs to be banned. No excuse for him either.

If he threw out a racial slur, I'm not mad at Marcus. Not at all. Don't blame him either.

How do you know it was random? Racism isn't random' date=' if that's in fact what he said...[/quote']"Random" meaning this idiot fan sits in this same spot every game surrounded by African Americans all the time and he now suddenly decides to yell the n-word. Or maybe he always sits there as the designated super-fan and uses racially incentive language. Who knows?

I seriously doubt he said anything racial but who knows...

I just liked what you said, so I quoted it to start my point.

 

I've already Smart deserves at least 3 games. If the fan used a racial slur he needs to be banned. No excuse for him either.

 

I just don't see it happening. If the fan used "the word", I just don't see him being banned. I say that assuming he gives a lot of money to the school to have those seats. I bet they give him different seats throughout the rest of the season so it gets forgotten.

Count me out of the group who thinks that a fan, just on basis of having bought a ticket, can say whatever to a player and think they should just get away with it.

 

I went to a movie tonight. I bought my ticket at the door, so I should be able to say whatever to the staff, right?

 

That's the kind of logic that strikes me when people think that fans should get away with this kind of stuff.

 

I think the fact that he's a random fan who doesn't have cameras focused on him like the players, but this is his second incident, shows a pattern of behavior with this guy. It isn't even an hour after that happens and someone can find a video of that fan showing himself?

 

I'm guessing the fan wouldn't have said whatever it was that he said to Smart if they were in most other situations.

 

No, the fact that Smart kicked a chair when he was playing bad doesn't bother me that much or make me think he's some type of loose cannon either.

If he threw out a racial slur' date=' I'm not mad at Marcus. Not at all. Don't blame him either.[/quote']I'm not black so I can't relate. But to me that just sets the example you can attack fans or whoever for any racially insensitive remark, bringing yourself to the approaching level of the moron that provoked you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.